Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What have you done on your Street Triple today?  (Read 411458 times)

Rich.S., Vin829, Leebo71, exuptoy and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street R 2009
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #2730 on: February 17, 2017, 08:46:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by VBui [+]
Did the first coolant change on my 2014 R, used genuine Triumph HD4X 7.50 a litre from dealer so didn't bother with a flush. Just did a mega thorough drain and fill, used about 2.3 litres so a pretty thorough drain. I overfilled the expansion tank a little to allow for the air to bleed out naturally and for the excess coolant to be drawn into the engine / rad or simply expelled from the overflow. And if you're wondering I DID bleed the system :008:

I need to do mine as I don't know when it was last done for sure, though it looks clean enough. My local dealer tried to tell me there is no such thing as official Triumph  coolant and that they use something else, and they're a Triumph only dealer. Guess I'll have to eBay it.

Offline VBui

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2014 Street Triple R
« Reply #2731 on: February 17, 2017, 09:30:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
My local dealer tried to tell me there is no such thing as official Triumph  coolant and that they use something else, and they're a Triumph only dealer. Guess I'll have to eBay it.
Bull#*it, a Triumph dealer I went to tried to sell me some aftermarket stuff and said the same thing. They probably just don't use it cause it's slightly dearer and they mark up the cheap stuff to make 10 - 20% on top...
Here's a link to where I got mine http://www.bladegrouptriumph.co.uk/buy/triumph-TRIUMPH-HD4-HYBRID-OAT-COOLANT-1LITRE/A9610046#.WKdrkpHfWhA

NOTE it will come with the newer logo and design on front rather than the old blue and white, google it and you'll see what I mean.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 09:33:02 PM by VBui »

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #2732 on: February 17, 2017, 10:10:46 PM »
Thanks.

I should've made it clear, I knew that official coolant existed because I have a workshop manual and I'd googled it after seeing it in there. Thanks for the link though  :002:

Similarly, yesterday I tried to buy Castrol Power 1 racing from the same place. Last year they pointed out that this is what Triumph recommend and it's what they use in the workshop, so I bought it. Yesterday they didn't have any so they claimed they use Motul fully synthetic in the workshop so I should buy that...which they were also out of stock of. Lol. They're lovely guys, but for a Triumph dealer I've been a bit surprised about some of the stuff they have said, and certain things they haven't known about (like the change in dipstick length on early engines). It's a shame as I like them but I'm a bit fed up if it now. I've been using the same chain of shops for nearly twenty years as there aren't many other options.

Offline VBui

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2014 Street Triple R
« Reply #2733 on: February 17, 2017, 11:01:55 PM »
Dealers don't know it all so to speak, they're simply like franchisees. Buy the rights to sell the products, carry out services use the branding, marketing, visual merchandising etc... if they have factory trained technicians and carry out the expected practices then I consider them an actual 'dealer'

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
« Reply #2734 on: February 17, 2017, 11:51:23 PM »
In theory my local one has at least one factory trained technician (he's a great bloke) and I think they may even have won Triumph dealer of the year at some point. It's a shame that it's like that as in many ways they deserve success and the decent employees there really deserve the income it gives them. Maybe some staff just need more training or something. It makes it difficult to support bricks and mortar stores. They should know their products inside out, if only because they enjoy doing it and genuinely like motorcycles. The Triumph range has many common elements in terms of engines and frames so it shouldn't be too hard....

Offline albert88

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: street triple 675r
  • City / Town: bradford
« Reply #2735 on: February 18, 2017, 06:17:06 PM »
Took mine for its MOT today. Passed no problems. Sun was out & roads were mostly dry ,so a ride around was in order.

Offline AndyG

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Speed T - Street T
  • City / Town: Exeter
« Reply #2736 on: February 18, 2017, 07:04:02 PM »
Bought: Back Rack, Extended Fly screen, Paddock Stand. 
Ordered Datatool tagging kit. Hugger.
. . :305: "CMS Exeter" the only place to go.

Fitted back rack/box.
Used the paddock stand. [I fitted a centre stand to the Speed T but decided on a paddock stand for the Street T as I really only use at home to oil things, check tires etc.]
Removed belly pan. (more places for dirt to accumulate  :112: )

Tomorrow: Fit Extended Fly screen. Remove radiator side panels. Oil chain, general clean etc.

Take loads of pictures.

Monday: 2 pm, MoT test and then a full test ride. (just bought the bike)  :305:

Plan an exhaust change to low system (rather than under seat twin)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 07:06:18 PM by AndyG »
2011 Street Triple. Arrow Low Boy.
1999 Speed Triple (Modified)
6 x MG inc a Supercharged V8

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #2737 on: February 18, 2017, 07:14:05 PM »
First ride out this year...well, since way back in November I think....nice to be on the old girl again in 2017  :149:

Offline JulesW

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: '14 STR
  • City / Town: Cheshire
« Reply #2738 on: February 18, 2017, 07:38:31 PM »
Same here Mr Spurs and wow what a fabulous day it was too. I managed about 150 miles of fast scenic A roads on the edge of Snowdonia National Park. Lots a dry roads and hardly any traffic. Bliss  :149:

ABS light came on twice while going quite quick, wtf is that all about? Hasn't done that ever before.

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #2739 on: February 18, 2017, 08:15:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by JulesW [+]
ABS light came on twice while going quite quick, wtf is that all about? Hasn't done that ever before.

I never get any ABS light coming on  :038:

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat