Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Street triple rs not starting  (Read 976 times)

Offline enakki

• Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
Re: Street triple rs not starting
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 03:54:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by shaun [+]
Are these bikes that have problems starting on a optimate charger?.
not mine. I dont think it is battery-related problem. Mine was staying in quite warm garage and just for two days. I'll see how it will behave in upcomming days but will have to visit dealer regarding the frozen clock. It seems the time is completely frozen even time trip is still on zero after the reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline shaun

• Street Triple God
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 04:02:09 PM »
I dare bet your battery is low on power, can you use a multi meter to check the volts across the battery terminals? With the 675 there's been problems with clocks going mad and in most cases it was a flat battery,I would invest in a optimate.

Offline jonny1978

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: street triple
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 04:47:43 PM »
Done 50 miles on my bike the night before and pulled it out in the morning and it wouldn't start. Don't think its a battery problem
Cranked very strong and no hint of low power as I cranked it 10 times for around 10 sec a time and it never slowed the crank.

Offline shaun

• Street Triple God
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 05:02:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by jonny1978 [+]
Done 50 miles on my bike the night before and pulled it out in the morning and it wouldn't start. Don't think its a battery problem
Cranked very strong and no hint of low power as I cranked it 10 times for around 10 sec a time and it never slowed the crank.

Jonny sounds like yours could be another issue but enakki sounds like a flat battery, keep us posted on what happens at dealers good luck.

Offline jonny1978

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 05:09:27 PM »
Fingers crossed mines is cured. Just wish I knew what had cause it. Really had massive regrets about buying a Triumph. Then I picked it up and drove it home and all they regrets disappeared  :007:

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 07:02:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by jonny1978 [+]
Really had massive regrets about buying a Triumph. Then I picked it up and drove it home and all they regrets disappeared  :007:

Did you trailer it home then  :027:

Offline jonny1978

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 08:46:46 PM »
?????

Offline enakki

• Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 10:24:37 AM »
well I'm just going to pick it up from the dealer. they have kept it for two days. reflashed the ecu map which seems helped. rs is starting at first try.
the frozen clock issue hasnt been solved despite they replaced the display firmware so they are waiting for the reply from triumph what to do. seems some serious bug or hardware problem. I have noticed one more bug there. once my fuel is on warning level the remaining distance is showing as mile distance despite i have set km as the unit. but this shows the warning statis only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts/Topics