Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: S v R v RS  (Read 703 times)

Offline shaun

• Street Triple God
Re: S v R v RS
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 10:16:36 AM »
I agree with Red its just ploy yo sell more R models,I buy mcn every week and have done for years so I am well aware that they are all bought men,regards the RS having too firm suspension its bollocks,my RS suspension was set to road setting when I bought it and it was abit too firm for me but nothing like as firm as my 09 R model, Ive since put my RS suspension settings to comfort settings and its now excellent for Yorkshires bumpy roads.

Online Mart62

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Matt Silver 765 RS
  • City / Town: WITHAM
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 10:31:49 AM »
The adjustmenrs  on the RS actusly gave real world effects.
Mine's sligjly back from road f and rear.
The  rear compresion was way high from new .
2>4

Offline WillyLee

• Street Triple Member
  • Ride just got more fun !!
  • Bike: STR
  • City / Town: ASIA
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 10:51:29 AM »
Of course go with the RS, software can be tuned but hardware needs replacement  :008:
Never a boring ride with STR

Offline enakki

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 11:18:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by enakki [+]
today when I rode my RS was thinking about the riding modes on the R vs RS. R lacks the track mode. And I can feel difference between the sport and track in term of fueling. How is the R then? Beacause with the sport mode on the RS it is still not fully unleashed beast. Not sure if it is clear what I mean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
you get, indeed, but the delivery is slower or more-less instant depending on the selected mode. so in rain or road mode it feels lazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Kwacky

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Brum
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 02:56:04 PM »
I've ridden both the R and the RS.

For me I prefer the looks of the R but the bling of the RS.

Both are more than fast enough for the road and both would be excellent on the track. You've got to be pretty quick on a bike to reckon that the R isn't enough for you and that the RS is needed.

Yes, the RS is firm with the suspension but there's enough there to dial that out.  I don't think the suspension is harsh - there is a difference between harsh and firm. 

The R delivers the power in a more triple like fashion.  The RS reminds me of the IL4 600cc bikes I've owned and loved.  There's more of a kick higher up the rev range with the RS. 

In brief, there is no wrong answer.  You get the bike you like.  The RS tips it for me simply in terms of the value of money and bling you get but when it comes to replacing the 675 I won't discount the 765R.

Recent Posts/Topics