Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Winter Glove recommendation  (Read 486 times)

Offline stevebst675

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2012 Diablo Red STR
  • City / Town: South Beds.
Winter Glove recommendation
« on: October 12, 2017, 02:37:49 PM »
Hi All,
I have a pair of thinsulate gloves already but the wrist part doesn't tuck into my jacket sleeve, nor is it big enough to pass over my jacket sleeve. My Gloves are adjustable with the strap/Velcro but even this isn't enough.

Can anyone recommend a winter glove with perhaps and elastic wrist or a less bulky wrist/strap?

Cheers
Life is better on two wheels

Offline Kwacky

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Brum
Re: Winter Glove recommendation
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 02:40:43 PM »
Do you want warmth and waterproofing? 

I ride all year round and I have struggled to find the ideal pair of gloves.  Either my hands are warm but the gloves can't deal with water or it's the other way round.

Last year I treated myself to some 135 Five gloves but they failed to be waterproof after a few weeks.

Now I've got RST gloves which are waterproof and some heated grips.

Offline stevebst675

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 05:17:29 PM »
Ideally both but I guess winter proof are best as I can pinch some plastic protector gloves from the fuel station to wear under the winter gloves if I know I'll be riding in wet weather.
My existing gloves will fit under the sleeve of my other RST jacket but my Triumph textile jacket is that bit more snug and warm.

I guess there is always a compromise of sorts... :027:

Online Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington

Offline W_esty

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street RS 765
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 08:29:44 PM »

There is a reason a lot of IAM / RoSPA riders wear Rukka / BMW. Because its one of the better brands
Easy to get 10-15% off the BMW kit in your local dealer. No advertising = cheaper costs.

I advise the Enduro Guard gloves. Fully waterproof and they have two layers, dry thin use and a second compartment for wet cold use. "2 in 1"
I went from Alpinestars Jet Road gloves which are a cracking pair of gloves just a faff with the cuff!

After having two sets of RST gloves and both bursting, never mind the RST Tracktech evo 1 piece suit or the boots Id probably stick to a brand thats more durable. Cant replace your hands.   

Additionally the Enduro Guard gloves are really easy to put on underneath a jacket, just one velcro strap thats easily adjustable.

BMW Clothing link below:
https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/content/dam/bmwmotorradnsc/marketGB/bmw-motorrad_co_uk/brochure/2017%20RIDE%20brochure.pdf
Live: Street 765 RS, S1000XR 2017 (live)

Previous: S1000RR 2016 (HP Racing wheels, Akra Exhaust, HP Levers & Rearsets - 194 wheel hp with slip on), Daytona 675 2016, Daytona 675 ABS 2013, Daytona 675 2013 (Akra full Titanium Evo system + Bazzaz + shares in lightech & Brembo!)

Offline Kwacky

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Brum
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 09:13:34 PM »
I've just treated myself to a Klim Kodiak jacket.  The only problem is that the sleeves are long and slim so the gloves have to go over the top, which means I need a longer glove.  My RST have been spot on.  RST stuff does seem to be hit and miss

I've had Rukka in the past but I wasn't greatly impressed.

Klim gloves look like they're ideal but some of them are 200 a pair

Online Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 10:53:33 PM »
Have a look at Richa gloves as they are very well priced and come up high / top in alot of reports, especially winter gloves  :028:

Online Mart62

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Matt Silver 765 RS
  • City / Town: WITHAM
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 06:48:57 AM »
RST = Rain Soak s Through.
Gloves or jackets.
I've found.....
2>4

Offline stevebst675

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 06:53:07 AM »
I might pop into Flitwick Motorcycles on Saturday as they have a decent amount of gloves from various brands.
At least if I remember to wear my jacket then I can try them on and get a feel.
I've got smallish hands so need to make sure all the fingers lengths are decent as I've found that cheap brands often fail in the basic area of equal finger length gloves.
I appreciate we're all different shapes and sizes but some gloves I've tried have even had twisted/crooked fingers ends......perhaps for the lion clawed riders amongst us?

Offline Soox

• Bike: Street Triple 765R
  • City / Town: Bournemouth
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 09:01:52 AM »
I've got a pair of Alpinestars Apex winter gloves that strike a good compromise between warmth / waterproof-ness / bulk / price. Looking them up online now. it seems the design has changed a bit since I bought mine a few years ago with the addition of the finger-bridge and a new wrist strap, but they're fundamentally the same thing. They're not warm enough on their own on the coldest days though, so I've got heated grips as well. They're waterproof but the outer layer soaks up a fair bit of water so they need a night on the radiator!

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat