Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Replacement battery strap - 2013 STR  (Read 1399 times)

Offline sv650tim

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
Replacement battery strap - 2013 STR
« on: May 09, 2013, 08:31:42 AM »
Hello,

After removing the rear foot pegs from my 2013 STR, I wanted to be able to remove and re-secure the battery without having the frustration of using the OE battery strap.

I made a very simple strap from three velcro ties - used to tidy up cables behind your TV. I used three in total. Two had a small tie wrap trapped at one end - to loop under the securing brackets on the bike (where the 'awkward end' of the OE battery strap fitted), and the third velcro attached to the other two to secure the battery in place.

See photo attached with two of the velcro straps - the left one has the tie wrap attached at one end.

Regards

Tim

Offline StephenC

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Murrays Beach
Re: Replacement battery strap - 2013 STR
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 08:55:38 AM »
That's a good solution.  Thanks for sharing!

Offline Crossgolf

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2014 street triple
  • City / Town: Karlsruhe
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 04:18:49 PM »
Hello, I just found this over the search function so I am replying to this instead of a new topic.

I am looking for good ideas to keep the battery in place without breaking my fingers. I found several velcro straps on amazon but non that I am sure of that it would fit.

Maybe someone hast bought some and can post a link.

Others ideas are welcome too..
Crossgolf - contact me if you want to ride in the black forest - Germany.

Offline F5 Dave

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR 11
  • City / Town: Wellington
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 06:42:02 PM »
I do have a problem with the cables behind the TV,  thanks for the tip, never thought to use those straps for something non motorcycle related.  Really.

Offline tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
  • City / Town: Gloucester
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 01:17:45 PM »
The only thing about velcro is there's no give or elasticity like the original, so if you go over a sharp bump it's likely to slip. I'd use some strong elastic bungee cord; two pieces with some sort of joining link in the middle, maybe a simple metal hook. Personally I find the original easy enough to use if you do it often enough - firm grip and a good stretch, bingo.

Recent Posts/Topics