Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What have you done on your Street Triple today?  (Read 633163 times)

Offline PeterSampson

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
« Reply #4520 on: April 08, 2019, 06:38:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by shaun [+]
Is your the abba skylift peter?
Mine's just the standard one.

I had the Motor Mover long before (for my BMW K75s (which had a centre stand - at least it did before Mr Blind-As-A-Mole knocked me off  in a SMIDSY and wrote it off)  I got the Stripler and thus the Abba
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 06:42:48 PM by PeterSampson »

Online doggy

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #4521 on: April 10, 2019, 08:48:17 PM »
Took the baffle out of my sc projects sc1-R exhaust for the first time . I'm not sure if i like it with it out or not? .  Only had a quick 10 mins out on it but the induction noise seemed less? .Will have to go for a longer ride, then put it in and compare, although it's a pain to put in and out .

Online shaun

• Street Triple God
« Reply #4522 on: April 11, 2019, 08:21:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by doggy [+]
Took the baffle out of my sc projects sc1-R exhaust for the first time . I'm not sure if i like it with it out or not? .  Only had a quick 10 mins out on it but the induction noise seemed less? .Will have to go for a longer ride, then put it in and compare, although it's a pain to put in and out .

My mate has an sc project can on his 675 and without the baffle its very noisy and I can still here it over my bike with the baffle in.

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #4523 on: April 11, 2019, 10:26:03 PM »
Service at Clive Woods place. Hugely interesting, quality work and advice - and tea/bacon rolls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline XCDC

• Bike: 765 RS
  • City / Town: Leicester
« Reply #4524 on: April 13, 2019, 06:15:32 PM »
Fitted the machined brake reservoir, that I got for a song on eBay due to wrong part number on listing, to my RS.  5 mins work and looks nicer than the plastic Brembo one - even if it doesn't do anything better than the original.

Also had a tinker with the suspension as seems to be sitting low on the rear compared to normal at 52mm of sag?  Got it much nearer to 30mm now. 

Offline Gaz

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 13 Street Triple.
  • City / Town: Stoke-on-Trent
« Reply #4525 on: April 17, 2019, 05:18:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by doggy [+]

Noticed the same with my 675, the induction noise is pretty much none existent with the baffle out.

Online Beelady

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Steet Triple
  • City / Town: New Romney
« Reply #4526 on: April 17, 2019, 06:54:37 PM »
What a perfect day! Not too hot or cold, plenty of sunshine and a really nice paced ride out with the East Kent Triumph owners. The Street Triple was singing away and I was treated to the awesome sound of a pair of T120's, fitted with X pipes, doing a fast overtake in front of me. A beautiful clear road so I was able to follow them through safely and enjoy the music. It's a good thing I was already sitting down as it made my knees feel quite weak.  :001:  It gave me a big appetite for fish finger sandwiches and a strong, black coffee when we arrived at our lunch stop. Absolute magic!

Offline fzr162

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: street triple rs
  • City / Town: keighley
« Reply #4527 on: April 17, 2019, 10:52:08 PM »
I fitted a carbon fibre front mudguard and new ebc hh front pads on my rs and fitted a powerbronze screen to Mrs fzr's. We then went to theYorkshire air museum at Elvington. Mrs fzr reports that the screen worked well and after a little bedding in the ebc pads were excellent.

Online shaun

• Street Triple God
« Reply #4528 on: April 18, 2019, 07:34:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by fzr162 [+]
I fitted a carbon fibre front mudguard and new ebc hh front pads on my rs and fitted a powerbronze screen to Mrs fzr's. We then went to theYorkshire air museum at Elvington. Mrs fzr reports that the screen worked well and after a little bedding in the ebc pads were excellent.

Keeps us updated on how the EBC pads compare to brembo pads as the Brembo pads are expensive.

Offline sabre

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
« Reply #4529 on: April 18, 2019, 08:49:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by Beelady [+]
What a perfect day! Not too hot or cold, plenty of sunshine and a really nice paced ride out with the East Kent Triumph owners. The Street Triple was singing away and I was treated to the awesome sound of a pair of T120's, fitted with X pipes, doing a fast overtake in front of me. A beautiful clear road so I was able to follow them through safely and enjoy the music. It's a good thing I was already sitting down as it made my knees feel quite weak.  :001:  It gave me a big appetite for fish finger sandwiches and a strong, black coffee when we arrived at our lunch stop. Absolute magic!

Hopefully some more of this weather to be had this coming (Bank Hol) weekend?  :062: :008:

Steve.
2013 Triumph Street Triple R
1989 Yamaha TDR250
recent departures: 2003 ZRX1200r + 2015 CRF250L :-(

Recent Posts/Topics