Author Topic: What have you done on your Street Triple today?  (Read 826301 times)

Offline JulesW

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: '14 STR (Dead now)
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
Reply #5240 on: July 31, 2020, 04:40:59 PM
I've done many big mileage tours on the exact same model. I always aim to fill the tank at 150 miles. I can get 180 at a push but don't like to risk running out of fuel in a remote spot.

Always ride solo and find that its a brilliant bike to tour on. Magnetic tank bag and Kreiga 30 litre tail pack is all I need for 3 weeks travel around Europe.

An unladen STR is wonderful fun in the Alps, Pyrenees, Picos de Europa, NC 500 etc.

Offline twooo

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2014 675 R
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
Reply #5241 on: August 04, 2020, 08:24:50 PM
Swapped the standard gear selector lever for a nice shiny red Billet one.  In the process, I took the front sprocket cover off and gave the inside of it a good clean.  7k miles of chain gunk is pretty grim!!  (I'm assuming by the state of it it had never been off before.) The sprocket itself looks in very good nick still, but the sprocket nut had gone a bit rusty, so cleaned it up with a bit of WD40 and a small brass wire brush.
Also swapped the clutch and front brake levers for Evotech levers. 

Just need to swap over the existing chain adjusters for the red Billet ones I have sitting on my workbench and I think that is the end of my tinkering and replacing items.  Can't think of anything else I particularly want to do to it.

Cheers, 2

Offline chunkeymoneky026

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: St Albans
Reply #5242 on: August 05, 2020, 07:46:13 PM
Today I put some tank grips on and fitted my frame sliders. They donít male it easy do they. One of the bolts was near on impossible to get to.  :430: :490:

scandal-fat