Author Topic: What have you done on your Street Triple today?  (Read 863707 times)

Offline sabre

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
Re: What have you done on your Street Triple today?
Reply #5300 on: November 16, 2020, 11:20:12 AM
1/ Nice new number plate fitted last week. For the first time I went for 8x6 in the hope that it doesn't attract too much unwanted attention. Font size is within a millimeter or two of the legal size. Back of plate is black - which I find blends in better from certain angles than white.
2/ New tank grips fitted yesterday. Did this partly because I wasn't keen on the look of the old ones. But mainly because I picked up an Ebay bargain. Much nicer looking than the previous version IMO.

Also, spent a quiet hour (or four, or more) yesterday giving the bikes a clean and hiding them under dust covers until the weather improves. I'm now officially fed up with this crap weather and the resultant wet soggy leaves and slippery manhole covers everywhere. So late November this year is no different to most other years and my bikes have now been hibernated until the earliest opportunity for a safe ride-out next year. I ride for pleasure/fun only and I find that riding at this time of year is rarely pleasurable or much fun.

Steve.

Ps. STR is positioned at the front end of the garage, just in case I change my mind.  :038:
Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 11:22:03 AM by sabre
2013 Triumph Street Triple R
1989 Yamaha TDR250
recent departures: 2003 ZRX1200r + 2015 CRF250L :-(

Offline Beelady

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Steet Triple
  • City / Town: New Romney
Reply #5301 on: November 21, 2020, 05:42:25 PM
At last! I can post something on this thread again!

My last ride on my Street Triple was back on January 4th, a day before I became seriously ill and needed to spend all this time learning to live a normal life again.
Every single day since then I have been working towards getting back on the bike, even when it seemed it was never going to be possible. I couldn't imagine not getting better and there's nobody as stubborn as a thwarted biker, so here I am again.

After a very nervous few moments getting the bike out of the shed I set off for a long overdue MOT and right away I remembered exactly why I love this bike so much. Despite the muddy, wet lane, the constant drizzle and the heaps of wet leaves lurking everywhere I was soon feeling as if I'd never been away from it.
It passed with no advisories (I knew it would as Ouzo Street had visited between lockdowns, to make sure it wasn't suffering too much neglect while I couldn't look after it) and then I was off for my first proper ride.
60 miles later I got it back into the shed, took my boots off and fell asleep in a chair with  big smile on my face.

Feeling great and can't wait for tomorrow. A full tank of fuel and a new MOT makes everything look possible.

Offline PeterSampson

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Reply #5302 on: November 21, 2020, 05:46:24 PM
Great news Beelady - so glad you're back in the saddle   :821:

Peter

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #5303 on: November 21, 2020, 05:51:54 PM
Fantastic news, Beelady!  Good to hear that you - and the ST - are both declared fit, helathy and ready to rock!

Take care out there and stay safe!

Regards,

Adie

p.s.  :037: to OuzoStreet for his efforts to get and keep you back on the right track!!
Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 06:00:18 PM by adiepage

Offline Triple fan

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 675R
  • City / Town: Lancashire
Reply #5304 on: November 21, 2020, 07:41:39 PM
Great stuff Beelady ,it's good to hear that someone's getting back on the bike after a set back.
Here's wishing you many more miles on your Street triple!

Offline gvy

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2011 street triple
Reply #5305 on: November 21, 2020, 08:11:45 PM
Great Beelady. This is by far the best "what have you done on your Street Triple today". Being stubborn, keep the faith, and there you are. Today is the day on the Street again. enjoy it , stay safe  :028:

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Reply #5306 on: November 21, 2020, 10:40:07 PM
True grit  :028:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline EllyV6

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street Triple 2011
  • City / Town: Lancs
Reply #5307 on: November 22, 2020, 06:19:33 AM
Well done Beelady !
Flying the flag  :062:
You have done more than I have managed in the last month !
Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 06:24:16 AM by EllyV6

Offline Beelady

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Steet Triple
  • City / Town: New Romney
Reply #5308 on: November 23, 2020, 12:39:05 PM
This morning I washed last year's coating of ACF50 off both bikes and then re-applied, ready for the salt to go down.
Do your worst, council minions!  :001:

Now far too knackered to ride either of them  :003: Never mind. A good job done.

Offline PeterSampson

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Reply #5309 on: November 23, 2020, 01:38:38 PM
*Originally Posted by Beelady [+]
This morning I washed last year's coating of ACF50 off both bikes and then re-applied, ready for the salt to go down.
Do your worst, council minions!  :001:
Derbyshire (and Cheshire) have already been doing their worst over the tops - we went out in our little sports car over Long Hill to Buxton and back down on the Congleton Road (Cat & Fid;e was closed) and we came back covered in salt - followed by an hours wash-off   :006:

But worth it as it was a lovely sunny afternoon last Thursday up in t'North.

But I'm thinking the Stripler may be staying in its warm dry garage, on its trickle charger and wrapped up cozy under its cover for a few months   :190:
Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:43:17 PM by PeterSampson