Author Topic: The evolution!  (Read 20579 times)

Offline andro

• Street Triple Master
  • Andro
  • Bike: street triple
  • City / Town: dundee
Re: The evolution!
Reply #70 on: February 13, 2016, 03:11:43 PM
*Originally Posted by hotmetal [+]
You mean Ognibene not aubergine!
[emoji533] [emoji533] [emoji533]
That rear sprocket looks cool though! [emoji106]

Lol damn changed it .

Offline Protocol78

• Bike: 2013 street triple
  • City / Town: Hemel Hempstead
Reply #71 on: February 13, 2016, 08:40:00 PM
Loving the rear sprocket. Looks awesome and matches the caliper in colour.  Cant wait to fit mine now  :490:

Offline gary1966

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: daytona 675R 2014
  • City / Town: Bury St Edmunds
Reply #72 on: March 01, 2016, 08:15:58 PM
By adding two teeth on the rear what top end speed do you lose? Also what does it do to the mileage will it read higher?

Offline exuptoy

• Street Triple God
Reply #73 on: March 01, 2016, 10:49:13 PM
I've not checked mine on a sat nav yet. Aren't they set from the wheel speed not from the gearbox? I've seen 115 and it was still pulling.
Chaos, panic, destruction.........my work here is done.

Offline andro

• Street Triple Master
  • Andro
  • Bike: street triple
  • City / Town: dundee
Reply #74 on: March 02, 2016, 11:43:43 AM
As for the odometer & speedometer....yes, the display will read high....roughly 2% higher for every additional tooth added at the rear, and roughly 6% higher for a tooth dropped at the front.....so -1F/+1R will put the gauge off by about 8%-ish. This can be corrected by hooking the bike up to TuneBoy or TuneECU

Offline cheggers

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple
  • City / Town: Plymouth
Reply #75 on: December 18, 2016, 08:08:15 PM
Can't believe it's been over 6 months since my last update!

Well, it's now winter time and the bike has been in the garage for most of November and December.  This does mean I've had a bit of time to carry out a few jobs I'd been putting off:

First up was a full change of brake pads to some HH sintered (these bite so much better than OEM).

Second was then a full change of fluids including a good coolant flush.  Was a bit alarmed as the bike started pissing coolant afterwards, but changed the oil (no coolant present) then changed the radiator cap.  Been fine since.

Thirdly fitted some shorty levers.

Fourthly, I got round to fitting a Power Commander 3 and K&N Filter and then got her on the dyno this weekend for a full set-up.

The fuelling had been off ever since I fitted the SC project system. Even with the low boy map on it felt rough!  To say I'm pleased with the end product would be an understatement! The bike feels so much smoother, easier to ride and slightly more powerful.  If you are thinking about getting your bike mapped, stop and just do it!

I know some prefer TuneECU (I've used it to adjust speedo error) but the dyno place around the corner from me doesn't use it and I didn't fancy a trip up country to get it done elsewhere.  I've also used Power commanders on several bikes before and always had good results using my regular dyne place.

So......... whats next? Not much more on the list. Just bought some LED lights from 3 pistons to freshen up the front. Other than that, new rubber come spring.

Anyway, Merry Christmas y'all!
Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 08:10:22 PM by cheggers

Offline cheggers

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #76 on: March 20, 2017, 09:58:08 PM
I fitted the LED front lights, super bright and freshens up the front end, however, I blatantly lied in the last post when I said there wasn't much left!

The front end (forks and brakes) have always seemed like a weak link, especially when I replaced the rear shock with a CBR600RR unit. When a set of Street Triple R forks, calipers and master cylinder came up on ebay for under 400 I jumped on it like a tramp on chips!

TBH the forks and calipers weren't in the best shape when I received them, so first job was to paint the fork bottoms with a few coats of black hamerite, Next up, they went to my local indie mechanic who charged 50 for an oil/seal change and general look over.

With the forks sorted I had the spray shop paint the calipers up to match my rear subframe and radiator cowls.  All that was then left to do was to strip the old parts off and fit the new.

The previously plasti dipped forks and triples were stripped (plasti dip came off really well!) and then using a new headstock stand I spent a couple of hours swapping the parts over.

Given the impressive way the plasti dip had performed and the state of the anodising on the new forks, I decided to re-coat both the triples and forks. 6 layers later, the rebuild was complete.

Next job is to get the suspension set-up and then finally go for a blast!!

Erm.... then I think that is it! Or maybe after some Daytona cams......  :008: :008:

Offline cheggers

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #77 on: November 29, 2017, 09:23:46 AM
Been a while and a few things have changed. The biggest one being the purchase of another bike. 

Love my street, love the acceleration (remap, speed triple throttle mod and a tooth change on the front sprocket), love the handling, but, I've always liked the Ducati Panigale since the 1199 came out.  Having previously owned an R1 and really not getting on with it (too much for the road, would either end up with me dead or in jail!) I didn't want either 1199 or 1299 and the ugly exhausts on the 959 put me off that so I ended up buying an 899.

Not got much planned for this one. Already put a dark screen on along with some carbon bits and LED headlight bulbs.  Might look to dyne tune it next year but the exhaust sounds good out of the box and is plenty loud (109dB!?) plus aftermarket systems range from 1500 to 4000!

Amazing bike out int he open but not very good around town (not awful by any means) so I've decided to keep my Street Triple too.

As for the Street, I'd previously plastic dipped the headlight rings and it'd held up well, but I knew it wasn't a permanent solution. Looked at getting the black rings direct from Triumph (fitted to one of their big cruiser bikes as standard) but they were 80 odd quid! So went down the powder coat route. Cost 10 and look really good.

Weather is pretty nice here today (but cold!). Will try to pop out and get some pictures later.
Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 09:25:59 AM by cheggers