Author Topic: new bike  (Read 2597 times)

Offline andro

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • Andro
  • Bike: street triple
  • City / Town: dundee
new bike
on: May 19, 2016, 12:24:21 PM
well iv been hankering after one for ages,  so decided to take the plunge and buy a new speed triple S, iv loved the triumphs since getting my street and so really wanted to stick with the brand, although I was side tracked slightly with the new Yamaha Mt10.

I will still be on the forums as I love the everything that goes on here, plus I should be able to get some nice new parts for it.

This model has been well revamped from the original , they have added 5 selective riding modes plus ride by wire throttle and lots more to give this bike a really good punch on the road.

I ordered it in the new diablo red I think that,s the colour anyway , its red lol.

added parts so far iv asked for a def radiator screen, and a belly pan, I don't intend on going too overboard, well not yet anyway.

Offline triple7

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: Street Triple R 09
  • City / Town: Aldershot
Re: new bike
Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 12:36:35 PM
Sounds good bud and congrats! Post up some snaps as soon as you get it  :028:

Offline andro

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • Andro
Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 08:45:20 PM
Now got the bad boy, and must admit I'm very impressed on how the new speed is on the road.

I'm gonna post up some pics once I get them uploaded to photobucket.

Offline PaulFargo

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2013
  • City / Town: Liverpool
Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 09:07:14 PM
What made you choose the speed over the competition. As Im likely to be in this position sooner or later. My list includes S1000R, Speed Triple R, MT10 and the Tuono

Offline andro

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • Andro
Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 11:48:17 AM
*Originally Posted by PaulFargo [+]
What made you choose the speed over the competition. As Im likely to be in this position sooner or later. My list includes S1000R, Speed Triple R, MT10 and the Tuono

Firstly I looked at the BMW, but was put off by the plastic looking front and rear fender, made it look to cheap in my opinion. Also the bike in the flesh did not appeal to me.

Speed triple R is a great bike but for what I wanted it for, the speed S is more than ample, plus the gadgets on the S are really good, the main diff between the 2 is the R has better suspension front and rear.split front rear seat, with stitched in triumph logo nice touch.

Now the MT10 was top of my list, so it was a really close call between the yam, and triumph, but I like the build quality of the triumph and the finish on the new S/R is brilliant.
Set of supercorsa stickies are really nice, but doubt I will get too much mileage out of them lol.

These were my 3 that I was in favour of, and triumph was just the one that ticked all the boxes.

Offline runningman

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Bedfordshire
Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 02:08:19 PM
Anyone test ridden the MT10 yet? Looks great on paper!

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Street Triple 675 R (ABS) 2013, Matte Graphite

Offline andro

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • Andro
Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 08:45:25 PM
*Originally Posted by runningman [+]
Anyone test ridden the MT10 yet? Looks great on paper!

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

No, my local Yamaha dealer does not carry all ranges, so it was either a trip of 120 mile round trip or forget it, so I forgot it. Lol.