Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 765 RS Clutch  (Read 883 times)

Offline morebeanz

• Street Triple God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
  • City / Town: Guildford
765 RS Clutch
« on: October 16, 2018, 10:25:49 PM »
Has anyone had any issues with their clutch on the new 765 RS? Mine had some kind of rebuild at my last service (7000 miles), and I wondered if Im unique or just one of many?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't just count beans, I also understand the commercial significance of beans!

Offline Scrubber

• Street Triple God
Re: 765 RS Clutch
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 02:05:37 PM »
The clutch bearing on my 765 R was replaced a few months ago.
Warning. Do not neccesarily take everything I say as serious or the truth.

Offline doolar

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: -18 RS
  • City / Town: Limhamn
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 01:10:28 PM »
I have a strange crunchy noise from my clutch, it feels like the lever mechanism is not properly lubricated, or that the wire is bent or broken. But with the engine off the clutch is perfect, so it must be inside the clutch itself. The problem is not all the time, but about 50% of the times I pull in the clutch to shift. It feels like there's gravel in the lever mechanism.

Found this thread on Triumphrat: https://www.triumphrat.net/street-triple-765/843441-765-clutch-grinding.html where several others had the same.

Long story short - Triumph knows about the issue, but it is too rare to become a recall or bulletin. Instead the information is in Triumph Technical News. I urged my mechanic to dig through all the files to find it, it will not show when you search on VIN unfortunately.

So now I'm booked for a warranty repair on this later on.

I just wanted to post if there's somebody else here having the same issue. My dealer didn't know, and the mechanic told me they have two other RS:s with the same issue, but haven't found any solution. So ask your dealer to check the Technical News #180. They are classified so unfortunately I couldn't get a copy of it.

Offline JonB

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple 765
  • City / Town: South Coast
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 04:42:14 PM »
I had a similar thing on my 2108 RS. Not crunching but an occasional click. I think it was the cable shroud reseating itself when I pulled the clutch in. I've reduced the slack and I think it is OK now.
2018 Street Triple 765 RS

Offline doolar

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: -18 RS
  • City / Town: Limhamn
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 04:45:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by JonB [+]
I had a similar thing on my 2108 RS. Not crunching but an occasional click. I think it was the cable shroud reseating itself when I pulled the clutch in. I've reduced the slack and I think it is OK now.

Yea I thought something like that myself at first. I adjusted the slack, the dealer adjusted it too. I've tried it tight and loose, to no avail. And everything looks and feels smooth at the lever, with the engine off or not rolling.

But thanks for the tip!

Offline James13

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 765rs
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 06:34:24 PM »
I had loads of problems with the clutch on the rs and I have had 2 of them ,both the same issues ,but I use it on track ,I have never had to adjust the slack so much in all my life on any other bike I have owned which are numerous ,every track day the slack needs altering ,I ran a 2006 gsxr 1000 for 2 seasons never needed anything,also if you touch the swing arm with your boot the paint falls off,chain needs adjusting constantly ,I could go on and on ,it's great on the road but rag it hard on track that's another story

Online Moto2build

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street triple rs
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 11:03:12 AM »
Swapped mine out for a STM one, but you need to use the metal clutch plates from a Daytona 675

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jorxe

• Bike: Street Triple S 765
  • City / Town: Athens
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 07:15:22 PM »
Good evening. I write to you from Athens.
I also have some odd behavior with my clutch. An initial bite, as if it has never been lubricated. Especially when I use it quickshifter.
I thought it was just my idea, I told my engineer and found them all right. Eventually it is not...
We have to do something because our guarantees will endited, and then they will ask us to pay for a problem pulling out the transmission.

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat