Author Topic: Don't go to Hastings!.  (Read 3826 times)

Offline adamdabby

• Bike: Street triple rs
  • City / Town: Meopham
Re: Don't go to Hastings!.
Reply #20 on: March 22, 2019, 08:45:50 PM
Just left these cowboys for BeMoto. Canít recommend enough. When I rang the renewal line at Hastings to cancel I waited around 30 mins only to be told I had come through to the car renewal department. How can that be when itís the number printed on my bike renewal. Never again

Offline ratman

• Street Triple Member
Reply #21 on: February 03, 2021, 12:38:42 PM
I had a fully comp policy with Hastings, when it was time for renewal the cover had changed to TPFT.
When I challenged them on this they denied I was fully insured.
I did complain to the ombudsmen but as there was no disputed claim they declined to take action.
Luckily there was no claim...would of ended up most annoyed.

Offline STR JB

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 675R
  • City / Town: Oxon
Reply #22 on: February 03, 2021, 08:40:11 PM
Also donít go to MCE, having sold the ST3 I cancelled my policy 3 month in having paid the year in full, no refund at all. Also on their website they list in FAQís what info they need to cancel the policy, I sent them that and they email back after several days asking for more info, and finally a couple of years ago I had a nail in my tire and despite my recovery cover with them they said they couldnít find anyone to come out to me so as far as they were concerned were happy to leave me stranded........ I also now have a policy with bemoto too,
Ps I still have my SC Conic for sale if anyone is interested

Offline doely

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: '10 STR '82 GPz
Reply #23 on: February 05, 2021, 10:12:34 AM
I was with Hastings once. When I changed bike one time it was so difficult to make an amendment to my policy to collect the new bike I ended up having to pay £30 to go online and pay for a day insurance policy elsewhere. I will never use them again.

scandal-fat