Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ÷hlins upgrade on ST08, need help  (Read 330 times)

Offline JanM

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 08 Striple's
  • City / Town: Copenhagen
Re: ÷hlins upgrade on ST08, need help
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 01:40:41 PM »
It has stock compression setting C35 and one step quicker rebound R8. Stock spring is 110N/mm and you have a 85 N/mm - it is not a bad starting point. I still think you need to verify shock length eye to eye as it might be longer due to the lengthadjustment upgrade. In my opinion it is a good buy, but you need to check length or be willing to have it modified later. The shock will fit as it is but might be too long...

Offline biker den

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street triple 08
  • City / Town: OSLO
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 01:46:06 PM »
I see, I will just go ahead and buy it I think. Then take it to ÷hlins shop and hope it doesnít need a lot of modifications and price for adjustments and fitting arenít huge.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 01:49:20 PM by biker den »

Offline biker den

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street triple 08
  • City / Town: OSLO
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2019, 02:50:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by JanM [+]
It has stock compression setting C35 and one step quicker rebound R8. Stock spring is 110N/mm and you have a 85 N/mm - it is not a bad starting point. I still think you need to verify shock length eye to eye as it might be longer due to the lengthadjustment upgrade. In my opinion it is a good buy, but you need to check length or be willing to have it modified later. The shock will fit as it is but might be too long...
I was in contact with seller and he told me that he can give me an other spring if I want to. Should I go for this spring or ask for a softer/heavier? I am Max 70kg (11stone) and have sometimes passenger with me on the bike (50-60kg). But I ride mostly alone in city, highways and country roads. Do you have any spring suggestions?
Seller told also that they ďchanged internally the damping valves etc. to meet the level of adjustability compared to aftermarket ÷ shock.
Also the lenght adjustability was added then. ď (As you mentioned)
Now I need to see if I need to do modification to length to make sure it suits my bike/me.
Thanks a lot for advices and help! Much appreciated!

Offline JanM

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 08 Striple's
  • City / Town: Copenhagen
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 06:40:31 PM »
Personally I would go with a 95 N/mm for a starting point for a 70kg rider. But it depends on the linkage as well and the normal reason for using a very light 85 N/mm is usually that the progressive stock linkage is countered by using a soft spring with lots of preload. The revalving according to the sticker on the shock (if it is still correct) is actually a reshimming with one shim removed to go from stock R9 to R8, which is understandable and I would probably go even lighter.

As said before, it is the lengthadjustment that is more important - check actual min max length. The shock can be shortened in several ways, if necessary. Maybe you even prefer the longer shock, especially if you want to go to a linear linkage.

Recent Posts/Topics