Author Topic: Hi from Brackley  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Sterile

• Bike: Street triple rs
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Re: Hi from Brackley
Reply #10 on: May 26, 2019, 08:13:42 AM
Hi thanks for accepting me to your forum, I have recently purchased the 765rs and loving it..

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Reply #11 on: May 26, 2019, 08:27:29 AM
When did we accept you.....think you should have started your very own post...you seem to have hijacked XBPods  :007:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #12 on: May 26, 2019, 09:30:54 AM
*Originally Posted by Sterile [+]
Hi thanks for accepting me to your forum, I have recently purchased the 765rs and loving it..

Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best forum for all things Street Triple!

I STILL haven't managed to get a test ride on the 765 - I was going to say "new 765" but it's far from new now, I suppose.  I think I'd be in serious danger of needing to own one if I test rode one and even I have to admit that the compulsive obsession for motorcycle ownership really CAN be taken too far! 

Anyway, regardless of how you make your introductions (don't take Tomspurs remarks too seriously - his medication hasn't kicked in yet ....... :001:) I think you'll find there's always a warm welcome for owners, riders or just plain lovers of the ST!

Stay safe and keep it shiney side up!

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Reply #13 on: May 26, 2019, 11:00:40 AM
Heeyyyy....I had my Vitamin C two hours ago  :008:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline xbpod

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street triple 765
  • City / Town: BRACKLEY
Reply #14 on: May 27, 2019, 07:46:30 PM
*Originally Posted by hotmetal [+]
Welcome. Good choice. Your coccyx will thank you. Harleys are designed to *look* comfy but in reality all your weight goes through your spine and it's hard to shift positions, which I'd say is a must on intercontinental ballistic missile journeys. I've toured a lot on sports bikes and old Fazer 1000s, and apart from wind protection and overall luggage capacity, Street is, er, streets ahead ergonomically. Oh yeah not to mention I'm well jel, would love to tour Spain again. Unfortunately the hotmetalette is a) from Spain and b) not keen on long journeys by bike. Wear an under suit or you'll never get your leathers off at the end of the day. Or get a mesh suit like RST Ventilator. Today's top tip based on my mistakes!

Hi hotmetal, I gave up on leathers for touring years ago, as too cold on early starts in the mountains and too hot in the midday sun. Have to disagree with the comfort of Harleys. I have a Lowrider S (FXDLS), which is not a touring Harley, but is the most comfortable bike I have toured on, doing 7 countries abroad in the last 2 years, and that's coming after owning a 1200 GS before hand. Hope this trip is as good as the last one to Spain 2 years ago, 10 days of warm sun and not a drop of rain  :002:.

_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.

Offline xbpod

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street triple 765
  • City / Town: BRACKLEY
Reply #15 on: May 27, 2019, 07:47:50 PM
Sorry about that, looks Like I messed up the quote system  :431:

Hi hotmetal, I gave up on leathers for touring years ago, as too cold on early starts in the mountains and too hot in the midday sun. Have to disagree with the comfort of Harleys. I have a Lowrider S (FXDLS), which is not a touring Harley, but is the most comfortable bike I have toured on, doing 7 countries abroad in the last 2 years, and that's coming after owning a 1200 GS before hand. Hope this trip is as good as the last one to Spain 2 years ago, 10 days of warm sun and not a drop of rain  .