Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello all  (Read 164 times)

Offline figwold

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple RS
  • City / Town: Bedford
Hello all
« on: September 13, 2019, 02:58:17 PM »
Hi there, just picked up my first Street Triple yesterday, from Pure Triumph Woburn.

Did 110 miles cross country to Henley and back to scrub the tyres and start running her in.

Was a bit frustrating trying to be good and keep to the recommended 5,000 rpm - which meant a speed limit of 63mph in 6th - and must confess to exceeding it a few times. Nonetheless we are clearly going to have a lot of fun together.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 03:00:46 PM by figwold »

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street R 2009
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 03:38:07 PM »
Cool colour scheme  :002: I wouldn't worry about going over a little. Just don't sit at a constant throttle and revs all the time. Vary the load on the engine.

Hope you have fun on it and enjoy the forum too  :002:

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 07:12:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by figwold [+]
Hi there, just picked up my first Street Triple yesterday, from Pure Triumph Woburn.

Did 110 miles cross country to Henley and back to scrub the tyres and start running her in.

Was a bit frustrating trying to be good and keep to the recommended 5,000 rpm - which meant a speed limit of 63mph in 6th - and must confess to exceeding it a few times. Nonetheless we are clearly going to have a lot of fun together.

Hey Figwold.  Hello, good evening and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!

I recognise your forum name from the other well known forum that we both inhabit!  I think you'll probably find this forum a LOT more focused - for obvious reasons - and a lot less irreverent (usually!) than the other but it does have a very healthy membership of very experienced and "Street Wise" (geddit?) riders that are always willing to help.

OuzoStreet is spot on with the advice about running in - as long as you're not caning it to the redline, lugging it in the high gears or riding a constant throttle, the running in procedures and advice are fairly flexible and should be treated as guidelines rather than strict rules.  That nice RS will thank you for it in the long run.

Welcome aboard and have fun - looks like the weather's set fair for long enough to get your running in mileage completed fairly quickly!

Be safe.

Regards,

Adie

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 07:20:07 PM by adiepage »

Offline runningman

• Street Triple Pro
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 07:32:33 PM »
Nice.

Triumph Woburn is my local Triumph dealer too.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Offline figwold

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple RS
  • City / Town: Bedford
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 09:24:30 PM »
Thanks all. Adie good to re-acquaint!

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat