Author Topic: Street Triple 675 '11 - new project  (Read 3815 times)

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street R 2009
Re: Street Triple 675 '11 - new project
Reply #60 on: September 02, 2019, 02:16:08 PM
Hopefully figer won't mind..... That's beautiful Geert. And what a paint job!

Offline gvy

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2011 street triple
Reply #61 on: September 02, 2019, 07:21:45 PM
Thanks,
Back on topic. I did read that figer experimented with 2 brakelines from the pump to the calipers directlly. He did that with the tokico brakes and it did change the feel  of the brakes for the better.
Could it be that changing the original situation ( pump to breakcaliper right to breakcaliper left) to this setup ( pump to brakecaliper right and pump to brakecaliper left) also improves the braking with the original Nissin calipers?
The left brakeline should only be 20 cm longer to do that.
Is that setup done on other commercial sportbikes?

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
Reply #62 on: September 02, 2019, 08:19:30 PM
*Originally Posted by gvy [+]
Thanks,
Back on topic. I did read that figer experimented with 2 brakelines from the pump to the calipers directlly. He did that with the tokico brakes and it did change the feel  of the brakes for the better.
Could it be that changing the original situation ( pump to breakcaliper right to breakcaliper left) to this setup ( pump to brakecaliper right and pump to brakecaliper left) also improves the braking with the original Nissin calipers?

I think it's very common to do that, especially when fitting braided brake lines to a bike that had rubber hoses as standard. I Did it on my R1 and TL1000s, though I also put six pot calipers on the latter, so it's hard to say exactly how much of the improvement was attributable to the dual long line system. I haven't done it to my Street Triple yet because I have made so many other changes to it, but in general it's something I will do in future. Personally I think it would make the brakes easier to bleed because you eliminate the annoying high point where the line to the left caliper loops over the back of the mudguard. With two lines air is gradually going to rise up to the master cylinder (where on the R model we have an extra bleed nipple).

Offline figer

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 675
  • City / Town: near Warsaw
Reply #63 on: October 03, 2019, 06:03:11 PM
*Originally Posted by gvy [+]
Thanks,
Hi!
Two separate steel braided brake lines from the pump to the calipers is first step in my all motorcycles.
Years ago some very good motorcycle mechanic in my SV changed brake lines like that and said that feeling will be much better. And it was.
The better your brake calipers, the more noticeable the difference will be.

As for the modification of lights, I plan to change the factory headlights to LEDs. I have already bought everything and the parts are waiting for me to pick it into the garage. I think it will be fun, but I leave it for some cooler days.
For now, I bought a scooter (running) - for the whole 100 pounds and I'm playing in the renovation of sandblasting and painting rims, replacement of loose bearings and stuff ... :)
Was Romet Ogar 200, MZ 251e, Suzuki SV650N, GSX-R 1000 K8, - now Triumph Street Triple 675 :)

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
Reply #64 on: October 03, 2019, 06:30:25 PM
Great stuff. I think my best year on two wheels was aged 16 on a Suzuki FZ50 (bright orange!). Awful moped, but me and my mate (Honda SS50) had such a laugh, and all at 30mph!!

For some reason it has never occurred to me to buy a winter bike to play with. I just used ruin my main bike in all the winter salt - doh!