Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Chain Help Needed?  (Read 259 times)

Offline Red

• Street Triple God
  • Carpe diem (na Kaapstad en terug)
Re: Chain Help Needed?
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2019, 07:10:53 PM »
In over 110K on 2 streets I have had a few sets of C&S.

As TomS says the first ones were 116, and then they made the end of the swing arm ugly for 118.

Funny thing was on my last change, using std 118 set it was almost out of adjustment so 2 links removed.

Odd, but True. In thus case the Triumph mechanic fitted 118, I took it back, so dont blame the orginal mechanic.

:305: :305: :305:
"Not just today"
"Vos es meus optimus amicus"
"We can't change the weather, only enjoy the challenges it brings."
"When the road gets rough, who needs tarmac? ;-)  X"
"Team Red Tours are go!"
"O" roads for the adventure
"Being quick is not about going fast,its about being slower less often"

Offline 2012StreetT

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2012 Street Triple
  • City / Town: London
Re: Chain Help Needed?
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2019, 11:09:06 PM »
Thank all for you responses, it is appricated.

It was the standard sprocket sizes.

*Originally Posted by Tomspurs [+]
The 2012 model uses 118 links, however the 2007 to 2011 ish bikes use the 116 links. All Triumph did was lengthen the swing arm right at the very end (same casting as before but with a little more material on the end). This was done for the US marked rumour has it....litigation or summit. Anyway, you can (and others have) fitted 116 links for better handling, so your all ok  :028:
Thanks for this information, was worried that it could cause issues, hoping I notice the improved handling.

*Originally Posted by Red [+]
In over 110K on 2 streets I have had a few sets of C&S.

As TomS says the first ones were 116, and then they made the end of the swing arm ugly for 118.

Funny thing was on my last change, using std 118 set it was almost out of adjustment so 2 links removed.

Odd, but True. In thus case the Triumph mechanic fitted 118, I took it back, so dont blame the orginal mechanic.

:305: :305: :305:

Ah thats interesting, thats exactly what the mechanic said that it wouldn't have allowed any future adjustment with 118 links. Did you notice anything different without the extra 2 links?

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat