Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Dealer Servicing  (Read 224 times)

Offline EllyV6

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 2011
  • City / Town: Lancs
Dealer Servicing
« on: November 18, 2019, 08:22:38 AM »
I usually service all my bikes myself but I understand that if the bike goes to a Triumph dealer they also do any software changes that the factory have put out ????

Is there any way to tell if the bike is uptodate with these changes ?

Via the obd port perhaps ?

Or would a dealer come clean if asked as I presume they would have recorded changes at the last true dealer service ?

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street R 2009
Re: Dealer Servicing
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 08:33:36 PM »
I do my own servicing too, so I bought an OBD II data cable made by Lonelec (via eBay or Amazon, I forget).

I use an Android phone so I then opted to buy the Tune ECU app. With that combo you can do many things. You can see and clear any fault codes in the ECU; see the vacuum on each cylinder (no need for vacuum gauges on this bike); see what map is in the ECU (and check the TuneECU website to see if it's the most recent one for your VIN - VIN very important here); back up the current map in your ECU; flash a new map to the ECU if you need to; disable O2 sensor or SAI check; see the voltage at the battery; see the voltage or status of many individual sensors/parameters on the canbus; reset the ECU trim adaptations (E.G if you fit a new exhaust); make yourself more attractive to the gender of your choice; control age related bladder problems.

It's ace. Well worth having it in your tool kit even if you only want to get your nerd on and see what your bike is up to, then never use the cable or the app again.

Online adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 09:33:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
I do my own servicing too, so I bought an OBD II data cable made by Lonelec (via eBay or Amazon, I forget).

I use an Android phone so I then opted to buy the Tune ECU app. With that combo you can do many things. You can see and clear any fault codes in the ECU; see the vacuum on each cylinder (no need for vacuum gauges on this bike); see what map is in the ECU (and check the TuneECU website to see if it's the most recent one for your VIN - VIN very important here); back up the current map in your ECU; flash a new map to the ECU if you need to; disable O2 sensor or SAI check; see the voltage at the battery; see the voltage or status of many individual sensors/parameters on the canbus; reset the ECU trim adaptations (E.G if you fit a new exhaust); make yourself more attractive to the gender of your choice; control age related bladder problems.

It's ace. Well worth having it in your tool kit even if you only want to get your nerd on and see what your bike is up to, then never use the cable or the app again.

Can you tell me again, please, where you got this and how much it cost?   I need this ...........................................

:008: :008: :008:

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 09:49:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
Can you tell me again, please, where you got this and how much it cost?   I need this ...........................................

:008: :008: :008:

Simple really, I just retrofit myself with the canbus system. I had a few issues getting the software up and running, but after an problem in Tesco's, known to staff as the great flood of 2018, all has been well.

Online adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 10:05:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
Simple really, I just retrofit myself with the canbus system. I had a few issues getting the software up and running, but after an problem in Tesco's, known to staff as the great flood of 2018, all has been well.

Sounds like a slightly more progressive and permanent solution than my current option ......

https://www.tena.co.uk/men/products/incontinence-pants-for-men/tena-men-active-fit-pants

TOO MUCH INFORMATION?  :038:

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 10:11:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
Sounds like a slightly more progressive and permanent solution than my current option ......

https://www.tena.co.uk/men/products/incontinence-pants-for-men/tena-men-active-fit-pants

TOO MUCH INFORMATION?  :038:

:001: :001: :001: Masculine and discreet. Love it. Sorry Elly!

Offline EllyV6

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 2011
  • City / Town: Lancs
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 10:22:42 AM »
So which software update version is that ? 2.11, 2.12 or is it the Patch " Ipd it ???  :087:

Recent Posts/Topics