Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: jnelly89 - Hi im a new member - 2015 street triple  (Read 247 times)

Offline jnelly89

• Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 Street Triple
jnelly89 - Hi im a new member - 2015 street triple
« on: November 18, 2019, 10:07:59 PM »
Hi guys, bought my first big bike last month. A 2015 street triple from optimum bikes near York. I live in north yorkshire at the foot of the dales. Wanted a street triple for years, finally got myself in a position to purchase one. I'm into tasteful street fighter style bikes which is exactly what I think I've turned mine into. In the last month I've added a taily tidy, bar end mirrors and (controversial to some) swapped out the bug eye headlights for a single motodemic one. I think it looks the part. Rides sweet as too. Ridden all sorts of smaller engine bikes but this is by far one the easiest and fun I've ridden, covered just over 250 miles in the first month, looking forward to some blasts up in the dales and across at the isle of man next year 👌

Offline gvy

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2011 street triple
Re: jnelly89 - Hi im a new member - 2015 street triple
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 11:48:47 PM »
This is one nice looking street fighter. I love what you have turned it into.
Welcome to the forum

Geert

Online RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 08:27:21 AM »
Thats a fine looking street fighter style on the Triple. Headlight with black housing and fittings really goes well with the black colour scheme
WorldofTriumph website has some heavily reduced bits in the accessories section, including painted under trays, I think including phantom black.Might look good on your bikes minimalist rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Online adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 09:19:16 AM »
Hey jnelly89.  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street triple!

That's a great photo and a very fine looking machine.  The headlight conversion is really well executed and looks clean and neat .... no controversy from me!

As you've dsicovered, the ST is a really great all rounder and has to be one of Triumph's finest ever machines.  I do think people have a sub-conscious tendency to dismiss it as 'just the smaller version of the Speed Triple' but it really is something so much more than that and, for my money at least, is by far the better 'bike.  That personalised view might be influenced by the fact that I'd struggle to claim to be 5' 6" tall and with an inside leg measurement of much less than 30" I'd definitely struggle to reach the ground when astride a Speed - it's a stretch on the Street!   But the two bikes, despite their common ancestry and familial roots, are very different characters - the Street is a cousin rather than an evil son, maybe?

Anyway, enough of the pseudo-philosophical sh... stuff.  What's next on the customisation plan?  We'll need to see pictures of the plans and the progress - no pictures, didn't happen!

Enjoy that bike, be safe out there!

Regards,

Adie

p.s do you want some black, Triumph shorty levers?  :007:

Offline Pesto_PastaLVR

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Triumph ST-R 14P.
  • City / Town: Sussex
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 01:39:58 PM »
Congratz on the purchase!

Welcome to the forum! Deffo need some black short levers to complete the look!
Something witty about getting your knee down, chicken strips & going fast!

Offline jnelly89

• Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 Street Triple
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 05:29:11 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Funny you should mention the shorty levers as Ive alresdy got some on order 😂. On the list aswell is some black heel guards and then potentially a quickshifter.

Not yet got my mind made up on the quckshifter as I'm not sure if its worth the amount you fork out?? Particularly whether you go for the triumph official one or another cheaper model?

First things first, realised I now have a slow puncture in my front tyre when i took it out for a winter cruise this afternoon. Hopefully just the valve 🤞

Offline greyhound81

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Sparkly Edition
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 05:51:05 PM »
that looks very spanking nice! enjoy
Watch my Scotland Trip here on youtube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLGUEQClJow

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street R 2009
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 05:53:02 PM »
I think your bike looks brilliant. I'm slightly biased as I'm a member of the Cyclops find too  :001:

You can buy a copy of the Triumph quick shifter on eBay. I forget there name but it works in the same way, as opposed to the Healtech quick shifter which is different. Beware that your insurance will probably go up when you tell them.

Online adiepage

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 06:31:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by jnelly89 [+]
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Funny you should mention the shorty levers as Ive alresdy got some on order 😂. On the list aswell is some black heel guards and then potentially a quickshifter.

Not yet got my mind made up on the quckshifter as I'm not sure if its worth the amount you fork out?? Particularly whether you go for the triumph official one or another cheaper model?

First things first, realised I now have a slow puncture in my front tyre when i took it out for a winter cruise this afternoon. Hopefully just the valve 🤞

Funny you should mention the QS ......... I happen to have one of those for sale also!   :007:   I'm beginning to sound like some Arfa Daley character!

Do some google searching and research reading on Shifting Controll.    I've got an ad. in the classifieds section somewhere for one of their QSs.      Pity about the levers, I might have saved you some dosh but, hey-ho.

In my experience the QS is an expensive toy, but it is kind of worth the money for the insane "hit" it gives you when you finally get to use it and get it right!   I imagine it's one of those things that will impress your riding buddies as much as it's likely to impress you.    As for whether the premium price of the Triumph branding on them is worth the extra I'd have to say not ...... unless you're a bit fussy about the name.  Mine is a Triumph one but more by  luck than judgement since the wife didn't want one fitted to her bike so I had a choice.

Any road up, hope you sort out that puncture - you may need to save your disposable for a repair!

Offline Pesto_PastaLVR

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Triumph ST-R 14P.
  • City / Town: Sussex
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 11:36:29 AM »
I was looking at quick shifter also, I decided not to get one when I tried clutchless shifting! slightly of the throttle and it's eager to get itself into the next gear, don't get me wrong it isn't as quick as a QS but certainly faster than using the clutch, I feel like I could be a doctor when I do this, or thee doctor :149: :008:.

If you grab a QS fit it yourself, (provided you feel comfortable of course) I can almost guarantee you will be able to do it, lots of step by step tutorials on YT, some guy from Australia does a great one! & it'll save you the 40-80 someone will try to charge you!

let us know how you get on! (and try clutchless shifting before you make the purchase!) =] :490:
Something witty about getting your knee down, chicken strips & going fast!

Recent Posts/Topics