Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Triumph scramblers anyone?.  (Read 921 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online adiepage

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 946
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
  • Country: England
Re: Triumph scramblers anyone?.
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2019, 06:05:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by EllyV6 [+]
Woodys, ah, yes !!!  Singles from the chippy after scouts !!!!
Apparently Woodbines are still going !!!

Damned good job I gave up smoking because Woodbines might still be going but I probably wouldn't!


Offline shaun

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 2617
Re: Triumph scramblers anyone?.
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2019, 02:29:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by EllyV6 [+]
I actually considered a 1200 before I bought the Street , really quite taken with the look of it.

The dealer had an exdemo version with all the bits .......I declined a test ride at the time but really should have taken it out.

If you do ride the 1200 I, for one, would be interested in your thoughts  :028:


I rode the scrambler 1200 Xe today and really liked it, its not fast like my RS765 but it pulls really well, it a great comfortable riding position , I am 5 8  32 inside leg an could touch the floor with the balls of my feet which isnt a problem as the 1200xe is not top heavy like tiger 800/1200 it feels light between your legs.the suspension is very good on factory settings,it doesnt bounce around but its good over the bumps and goes well round the bends, turning circle are are good too.

Offline EllyV6

  • Street Triple Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 160
  • Bike: Street Triple 2011
  • City / Town: Lancs
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Triumph scramblers anyone?.
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2019, 07:24:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by shaun [+]

I rode the scrambler 1200 Xe today and really liked it, its not fast like my RS765 but it pulls really well, it a great comfortable riding position , I am 5 8  32 inside leg an could touch the floor with the balls of my feet which isnt a problem as the 1200xe is not top heavy like tiger 800/1200 it feels light between your legs.the suspension is very good on factory settings,it doesnt bounce around but its good over the bumps and goes well round the bends, turning circle are are good too.

Thanks for that, think I might just have to go and check it out as soon as I have a workless window !!
Does the exhaust system get in the way/ hot on your leg?

Offline shaun

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 2617
Re: Triumph scramblers anyone?.
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2019, 08:02:44 PM »
EllyV6, no heat When riding but I stopped to adjust the front brake for 2-3 mins and I could feel some heat then off the exhaust but it wasnt excessive in fact it was nice cos it was a cold day in Yorkshire.the dealer was pushing me for a decat in the extras as he said it reduces the heat and it sounds a little better but it does sound good standard.

Offline Triple fan

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Posts: 29
  • Bike: 675R
  • City / Town: Lancashire
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Triumph scramblers anyone?.
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2019, 10:24:08 AM »
I was in Triumph Carlisle the other week & they had a scrambler on the shop floor,I was surprised how low it looked,I'd say the seat looked lower than the seat on my 675R.
I'm hoping to get a Street Twin for nipping about on,but I've no plans on selling the Triple!

Offline shaun

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 2617
Re: Triumph scramblers anyone?.
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2019, 08:36:43 PM »
I ended up buying a new 1200 XE scrambler it came with a load of triumph accessories,its had its first ride out today 120 mile ish , its a nice bike well pleased so far.

Online adiepage

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 946
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
  • Country: England
Re: Triumph scramblers anyone?.
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2019, 12:36:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by shaun [+]
I ended up buying a new 1200 XE scrambler it came with a load of triumph accessories,its had its first ride out today 120 mile ish , its a nice bike well pleased so far.

Nice one, Shaun!  I love the look of teh new Scrambler and, even better, the missus likes the look, too, so I'm working on a cunning plan to have her test ride one and hope she REALLY likes it enough to lay down the dosh!  We'd have to keep her Street as well - a hardship, I know.

Have you seen the Guy MARTIN "Great Escape" TV programme?  Really enjoyed watching that - especially the bit in the factory where they tore so much excess weight off a brand new Scrambler 1200 and painted it a beautiful BRG colour.  And GM has a go at hand pinstriping it!  You'd probably have to like watching Guy MARTIN to want to watch the whole two hours (ish) but I find him genuinely funny and down to earth as well as incredibly and genuinely talented on two wheels.   


Offline shaun

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 2617
Re: Triumph scramblers anyone?.
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2019, 04:14:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
Nice one, Shaun!  I love the look of teh new Scrambler and, even better, the missus likes the look, too, so I'm working on a cunning plan to have her test ride one and hope she REALLY likes it enough to lay down the dosh!  We'd have to keep her Street as well - a hardship, I know.

Have you seen the Guy MARTIN "Great Escape" TV programme?  Really enjoyed watching that - especially the bit in the factory where they tore so much excess weight off a brand new Scrambler 1200 and painted it a beautiful BRG colour.  And GM has a go at hand pinstriping it!  You'd probably have to like watching Guy MARTIN to want to watch the whole two hours (ish) but I find him genuinely funny and down to earth as well as incredibly and genuinely talented on two wheels.   

Cheers adie, yes I did watch the great escape staring guy Martin, I like guy Martin mainly because were seeing a lot about motorbikes on the TV which is a step in the right direction.good luck with convincing the wife you need a scrambler 👍


 


Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat