Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Has anyone heard or experienced this?  (Read 236 times)

Offline AlanFord001

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple RX
  • City / Town: Worthing
Has anyone heard or experienced this?
« on: December 04, 2019, 09:58:38 PM »
Ok so the ABS light has been coming on recently triggering the engine management light. Sensors were cleaned and the lights reset but its come on again. Manual says this can be triggered by using unspecified tyres, low tyre pressure or riding over bumpy roads (among others).

Now I have correct size Pirelli Diablo Rosso III but rear tyre is well worn and squared off so the tyre profile is considerably lower, its booked in for new tyre in couple of weeks. The light comes on after 12 miles or so meaning tyre is warm and soft and I think the fact the tyre is worn could be triggering the lights to come on. First time it happened I was also on very bumpy road

Has anyone heard if this happening or experienced this?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 10:00:10 PM by AlanFord001 »

Offline MikeST

• Bike: 2013 Street Triple
  • City / Town: Bedforshire
Re: Has anyone heard or experienced this?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 07:37:15 AM »
ABS light flickering was one of the symptoms of my stator failure - see https://www.street-triple.co.uk/index.php/topic,33711.msg375994.html#msg375994

Have you had any battery / charging problems ?

Offline AlanFord001

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple RX
  • City / Town: Worthing
Re: Has anyone heard or experienced this?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 09:11:00 AM »
No, I use the bike daily to get to and from work and it runs and starts fine. It seems the ABS light comming on triggering the engine management light which stays on after then next few starts but sometimes the ABS light doesn't come in the then the engine light goes off until the ABS light comes on again.

Recent Posts/Topics