Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: "Check Engine" Warning message.  (Read 278 times)

Offline Andy TVR

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Street 765 RS
  • City / Town: Co Durham
"Check Engine" Warning message.
« on: December 09, 2019, 02:38:34 PM »
Hi Folks, I have a 2017 Street 765 RS
My LED rear number plate light on an Evotech Performance tail tidy has packed in. However trying to establish this I checked the fuses, un plugged the indicators etc. to establish the correct wires and to trace the fault. In doing so stripped the LED n/plate light off the bike ready for a new one and when I switched the ignition on I now have the "Check Engine" warning displayed on the instrument panel along with the engine fault light.
The only other thing I did was to pull off the big black multi-connector and of course put it back on, which I assume is an earth as it only connects to flat metal kind of spade. I think in the manual this is indicated "UP". I have also electrically refitted the LED and left it under my seat just incase the circuit had to be closed but it made no difference.
The bike works perfectly well having done 60 miles this morning but the light hasn't gone off.
My question therefor, is there a reset procedure if anything electrical has been tampered with? if so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Online tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
  • City / Town: Gloucester
Re: "Check Engine" Warning message.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 02:40:51 PM »
Maybe it takes three cycles to clear a warning like the older models.

Offline Andy TVR

• Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 03:11:22 PM »
Hi Tim,
thanks for that, I have started and ran the bike about 4 times and it hasn't cleared as yet, lets hope it is as quick a fix as that.

Online tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
  • City / Town: Gloucester
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 04:26:46 PM »
Was that just starting and stopping or full up to temperature cycles? I understand it needs to be the latter to clear lights if the fault is no longer present.

Offline Andy TVR

• Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 04:55:13 PM »
Hi Tim, this was 1 trip of 30min 2 hour break then 1 trip of 10min for fuel then 1 trip of 20min.
I have just gone and started it now and all is well.
you were spot on, it has cleared after 3 runs (not the 4 that I mentioned :430:)
many thanks again.

Offline andymarks

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR 2011
  • City / Town: Ramsgate
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 08:25:56 PM »
Id check the wiring in the tail tidy. When I fitted my evotech to my speed I accidentally squashed two wires together and it caused all sorts of problems (new tail light cluster and handlebar switch - luckily triumph paid for parts I had to pay labour under warranty).

Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Andy TVR

• Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 09:48:03 AM »
Hi Andy,
Thanks for that, I have checked the wiring and it is ok, it is the LED unit it's self. it flickers then glows a little before dying down and going out.
It might be heat issue or something like that inside the sealed unit. 10 for a replacement, not too bad.

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat