Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Electrical gremlins!  (Read 644 times)

Offline TommisBoo

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Re: Electrical gremlins!
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 10:57:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by Beelady [+]
The tracker is from BikeTrac. It sends me messages and rings me up if anyone as much as breathes on my bike, which is exactly what I wanted, so that's brilliant. But it also knows things I don't, like how much fuel I have and the battery reading, which, as I seem to have an exceptionally naughty Street, it also likes to send me messages about. I know I could get someone computer savvy to turn all these notifications off, but the silly thing is always right, so I know when trouble is coming. It also phones other people on a contact list if the bike goes down and stays down. If there's no response from any of us it alerts the emergency services so I know I won't be left lying out of sight (as happened to a friend)for days, if the worst happens. Expensive, but I don't want to lose my bike so I'm happy to pay.
The compressor is scary because it's huge and noisy. Grown men cry with envy when they see it. I am always rather intimidated by it but it's very useful and usually it submits to me once I've managed to wrestle it into action. Yesterday it went bang while I was putting some air in the tyre on my other bike. It really frightened me! I turned it off and checked that the electricity was still working by trying the lights in the shed. All good, but I didn't know that the compressor and the optimates all run off a different circuit so didn't realise anything else was wrong. I blew up the tyre with my little air pump on the bike and set off for my ride thinking I'd get someone to mend the compressor sometime during the week. I didn't look at my 'phone  until I arrived and that's when I found there was a message proving, yet again, that the tracker is smarter then I am.  :001:

I needs to look im to that tracker, sounds like a good thing to have, but i dont have a shed, so the bike sita outside under the covers, might get notification every time a cat walks by or wind blows.
We gonna rent a container with my dad to have where to work on bikes. My dad got a 2014 k1600gtl with extended warranty, so highly doubt hes gonna do anything to it :D but since my bike keeps being naughty it will be handy :D
Its such a nice day today, and i has no bike. Annoying.
I was wondering did anyone do any long journeys on ST?
Like euro trips and such?

Offline Beelady

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Steet Triple
  • City / Town: New Romney
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 07:25:58 PM »
I used to go to the Moto GP in Assen every year and this year I'm planning 5 days in the Black Forest as I'm told there are roads we can only dream of over there. I need to make sure I have really good breakdown cover for that!

I often do a couple of hundred miles a day over here. Was it comfort or luggage capacity you were wanting to know about? There's loads of info. on the luggage thread if you're thinking of some touring.

Offline Beelady

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Steet Triple
  • City / Town: New Romney
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2020, 07:30:47 PM »
Forgot to say, I believe you can set up the distance your bike can be moved in the tracker settings. You can turn it off for servicing (or for when it's enjoying a cruise on the back of an RAC transporter). Don't expect much discount from your insurance company though. They make a big deal of it but it's really only pennies worth. Hardly much encouragement considering the huge recovery rates with a good tracker.

Offline TommisBoo

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2020, 07:31:20 PM »
I used to go to the Moto GP in Assen every year and this year I'm planning 5 days in the Black Forest as I'm told there are roads we can only dream of over there. I need to make sure I have really good breakdown cover for that!

I often do a couple of hundred miles a day over here. Was it comfort or luggage capacity you were wanting to know about? There's loads of info. on the luggage thread if you're thinking of some touring.

My parents going on a trip in eu this year, they do that every year. So i was thinking to join them. So luggage is what i need ;)
Ill check out the forum, thank you!

Black forrest? Thats in Germany isnt it?
Ive heard that best roads are in Austria(im going there in couple of weeks for a ski holiday, so gonna check it out for future) and then Italy, likes of stelvio pass! That place is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline TommisBoo

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2020, 07:32:42 PM »
Forgot to say, I believe you can set up the distance your bike can be moved in the tracker settings. You can turn it off for servicing (or for when it's enjoying a cruise on the back of an RAC transporter). Don't expect much discount from your insurance company though. They make a big deal of it but it's really only pennies worth. Hardly much encouragement considering the huge recovery rates with a good tracker.

I bet i would get pennies off for fitting it. Im paying 864 as my 1st insurance on an L plate. So cant complain at the moment

Offline Gary-401

• Bike: Street triple RS 765
  • City / Town: Dagenham
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 08:42:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by TommisBoo [+]
I needs to look im to that tracker, sounds like a good thing to have, but i dont have a shed, so the bike sita outside under the covers, might get notification every time a cat walks by or wind blows.
We gonna rent a container with my dad to have where to work on bikes. My dad got a 2014 k1600gtl with extended warranty, so highly doubt hes gonna do anything to it :D but since my bike keeps being naughty it will be handy :D
Its such a nice day today, and i has no bike. Annoying.
I was wondering did anyone do any long journeys on ST?
Like euro trips and such?

Hi i have a ST765RS and the thing is so comfy i have taken it to Switzerland/ Austria/ Germany etc no issues only issue you may get is your neck may get a little sore but hey its a naked and you will be rewarded in the mountains passing everyone on their big ass GS's. Not really an issue. I actually found this more comfy than my Tiger 800 (now sold working on a salvaged Tracer 900 as a replacement) i used for my last euro trip (same areas plus Italy) I went in full leathers on the STR still no issues.  I have even done a day trip to Wales and back (i live near London) 14hrs on the bike no issues. I go Europe every year (not for the next few years now, awaiting the birth of my first child so will be on dad duties) Trust me if you haven't been go! Also B500 in the Black Forest awesome road just hit it early as it gets busy with traffic! Near the end (or begging depending on where you start there is a lovely sweeping hair pin you can get a friend to take nice photos of you. There is a roundabout one end and a lay-by at the other so you can safely do a few pass-byes.
Also i have the tracker from Biketrac it wont go off sitting outside only if tapered with or moved. I have a cheap tracker in my suzuki thats ok but the Biketrack one is crazy sensitive in a good way. i moved the bike in my garage 2 meters and got a call saying your bike is on the move. Just remember to turn the bike on (don't need to run it) to move the bike around otherwise you will get a call at 50p a time. I have also found that the battery will drain quickly (over 4-5 days then ill get a low voltage text) so keep it charged up!
"I'm a summertime boy"

Offline Gary-401

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2020, 12:17:01 PM »
My parents going on a trip in eu this year, they do that every year. So i was thinking to join them. So luggage is what i need ;)

Ive heard that best roads are in Austria(im going there in couple of weeks for a ski holiday, so gonna check it out for future) and then Italy, likes of stelvio pass! That place is amazing quote]

Black Forest is in Germany. Austria has some amazing roads but if you go Austria go to grosseglockner you have to pay to go in but well worth it (think its about 30 euros for the day) you can spend hrs there doing all the routes spend a little time on the website to find out all the routes. The first time i ever went i stayed in a hotel and in the morning after telling the owner where we were heading they gave us free passes (can't remember the name) but check out trip adviser someone may have wrote about it. Stelvio pass again is awesome. (make sure you go to the top for sausage from the cart stand the guys that wear German dress are the best and the bar for a German beer if you are feeling brave!) just keep track of the weather okay in the rain but i have been up Stelvio when it started snowing! make sure you don't miss out Switzerland just stick to the speed limits and don't cross a solid white line! fines are mega crazy but as long as you don't ride like a dick you will be fine. Italy, Germany, Austria are a little more relaxed within reason. although Austria has hard to spot speed traps the look like grey boxes.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 12:19:43 PM by Gary-401 »
"I'm a summertime boy"

Offline TommisBoo

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2020, 08:05:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gary-401 [+]

Ive heard that best roads are in Austria(im going there in couple of weeks for a ski holiday, so gonna check it out for future) and then Italy, likes of stelvio pass! That place is amazing quote]

Black Forest is in Germany. Austria has some amazing roads but if you go Austria go to grosseglockner you have to pay to go in but well worth it (think its about 30 euros for the day) you can spend hrs there doing all the routes spend a little time on the website to find out all the routes. The first time i ever went i stayed in a hotel and in the morning after telling the owner where we were heading they gave us free passes (can't remember the name) but check out trip adviser someone may have wrote about it. Stelvio pass again is awesome. (make sure you go to the top for sausage from the cart stand the guys that wear German dress are the best and the bar for a German beer if you are feeling brave!) just keep track of the weather okay in the rain but i have been up Stelvio when it started snowing! make sure you don't miss out Switzerland just stick to the speed limits and don't cross a solid white line! fines are mega crazy but as long as you don't ride like a dick you will be fine. Italy, Germany, Austria are a little more relaxed within reason. although Austria has hard to spot speed traps the look like grey boxes.

Cheers for the info. Gonna be handy when i decide to go there ;)

So, got bike fixed. Everything working. Weather is good.
And now front right shock seal gave up(we replaced it month ago)......

Still enjoying tho....
But getting a bit p***ed off...

Offline Gary-401

« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 11:31:40 AM »
ahh that sucks!

Currently got one of my bikes apart. had to change most of the shims as out of speck i have also notice one of my fork seals starting to fail so will have the forks out next week to replace. Never ends lol good luck!
"I'm a summertime boy"

Offline TommisBoo

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 11:33:30 AM »
Is there a good aftermarket seal or smth?
Because its 2nd time it went, it was around 0 degrees outside both times, had a 20 mile run, comeback home and its taken a wee.....
Weird stuff

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat