Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Electrical gremlins!  (Read 640 times)

Offline Gary-401

• Bike: Street triple RS 765
  • City / Town: Dagenham
Re: Electrical gremlins!
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 11:46:45 AM »
i tend to use all balls seals. just be very careful when installing them anything sharp could cause a leak. also never allow the new seals to drop to the bottom of the fork by the brakes this area is normally quite rough as bits hit them. just make sure the fork legs are clean and smooth. wrap something around the inner of the fork seal to create protection against the fork leg as you slide it on this will stop anything catching the seal ad lots of lube for this to prevent scratching. Also make sure the seals are fully home. you can make your own seal driver but i recommend just buying one. They are cheap and as you are only likely to change them a few times ever you don't need a premium one.

TBH if it has started leaking after 20mins was likely damaged during install or just a bad seal. Are your fork legs pitted? even if they feel smooth if there is a tiny lip could rub against the seal.Check the whole leg as you would only fully compress when out for a ride.

Watch "delboys garage USD fork seal replacement" video on youtube good advice on there.

Hope this helps!
"I'm a summertime boy"

Offline TommisBoo

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 11:56:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by Gary-401 [+]
i tend to use all balls seals. just be very careful when installing them anything sharp could cause a leak. also never allow the new seals to drop to the bottom of the fork by the brakes this area is normally quite rough as bits hit them. just make sure the fork legs are clean and smooth. wrap something around the inner of the fork seal to create protection against the fork leg as you slide it on this will stop anything catching the seal ad lots of lube for this to prevent scratching. Also make sure the seals are fully home. you can make your own seal driver but i recommend just buying one. They are cheap and as you are only likely to change them a few times ever you don't need a premium one.

TBH if it has started leaking after 20mins was likely damaged during install or just a bad seal. Are your fork legs pitted? even if they feel smooth if there is a tiny lip could rub against the seal.Check the whole leg as you would only fully compress when out for a ride.

Watch "delboys garage USD fork seal replacement" video on youtube good advice on there.

Hope this helps!

Legs looked smooth, my mate inspected them. Had no doubts that they are good.

But we had a bit of a struggle to put right seal in, it just didnt want to go in, and i think he used smth bit sharp. And i didnt had new dust seals, so we used old ones ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Gary-401

• Bike: Street triple RS 765
  • City / Town: Dagenham
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 01:30:47 PM »
Ahh i see yh i know it costs more but i do the dust seals too. firstly why not I'm there and in case they have failed. Anyway good luck and hope 2nd times the charm!!
"I'm a summertime boy"

Offline TommisBoo

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 01:33:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gary-401 [+]
Ahh i see yh i know it costs more but i do the dust seals too. firstly why not I'm there and in case they have failed. Anyway good luck and hope 2nd times the charm!!

Couldnt get them on a short notice, and was eager to ride asap, so didnt get them.

Stoooopid pays twice.

Hopefully ill get it done properly this time

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Recent Posts/Topics