Author Topic: The 765R may be revamped too  (Read 692 times)

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
The 765R may be revamped too
on: January 30, 2020, 08:09:17 PM
Talking to the boss at the local triumph dealer he seemed sure that there will be a 765R reboot too. With the S going down to 660 and the RS becoming more RS Triumph are going to pitch a 765R as a more basic road 765. Some adjustability, not quite as much techy stuff (Maybe smaller TFT, or even simpler).
This time to make a proper gap between the R and the RS.
We’ll have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline EVOGT

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple S
  • City / Town: Ascot
Re: The 765R may be revamped too
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 10:24:59 PM
Don't see it at this stage, will know more next week maybe, but looking in the handbook there is only an S and RS and previous books have had all the models etc.

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 10:39:42 PM
Just a chat with the boss man. May have been just his thinking when I mentioned I’d thought about the 765R with minimal extras rather than the RS.
What is the ‘handbook’ you speak of EVO san.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline EVOGT

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple S
  • City / Town: Ascot
Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 08:05:44 PM
It only has the S and RS in there. Triumph conference next week, so will try to find anything out about an R.

Offline doggy

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 08:20:13 PM
Watched a video on the new R yesterday . It has lost the TFT dash and gone back to the old style clocks of a round traditional rev counter and a LCD panel beside it . Surely a backwards step? . It has the updated lights and bodywork. Everything else looks like last years R?

Offline Red

• Street Triple God
  • Carpe diem (na Kaapstad en terug)
Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 08:40:02 PM
Did seem strange no TFT screen - guess making the savings

:305: :305: :305:
"Not just today"
"Vos es meus optimus amicus"
"We can't change the weather, only enjoy the challenges it brings."
"When the road gets rough, who needs tarmac? ;-)  X"
"Team Red Tours are go!"
"O" roads for the adventure
"Being quick is not about going fast,its about being slower less often"

Offline itollemache

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2010 Striple R
  • City / Town: Auckland
Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 10:39:38 PM
Yeah seems weird to put Brembo calipers and other upmarket goodies then take the TFT screen away - maybe Triumph think it would eat into RS sales otherwise?

Offline Typhon219

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 R
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 06:22:30 PM
I kinda get what they’re doing, realigning each model for a different audience. The S for A2 compliance, the R for the audience that would have previously bought the S, which means they pay a little more now. and then the plan will be for the revised RS to mop up those of us that wanted the extra low power of the old R. That way they’re selling the more expensive product to a wider audience. Glad I got last years R with the TFT screen though, I really like all the tech (as long as it works) but wasn’t keen on the RS power delivery under 4K.

Offline JanM

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 08 Striple's
  • City / Town: Hilleroed
Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 08:01:14 PM
I think it is time to testride a new Triumph... I like their new spread in models (S, R, RS) but I shall of course make some changes to the suspension and maybe brakes anyways, so isn't really keen on paying a premium for the RS just to replace a lot of the stuff. When testriding the 2017'ish 765RS I didn't see it as such a big improvement over my 2008 Street Triple (modified) that I wanted to switch, especially for the entrance fee... For the 2020 765R I do like the up/down shifter, I like the older dash, 765 engine is nice - but I am really more of a v-twin person, I think... It is one of the things that annoy me about the 2008 Street Triple - I rarely use the engine to its potential during commuting. As said, the 2020 Triumph 765R is more interesting than the earlier 765RS to me. I hope they will have a demonstrator to try. And I would need to buy some green paint...