Author Topic: Evotech Tail Tidy "OEM Part"  (Read 528 times)

Offline bert682

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Belfast
Evotech Tail Tidy "OEM Part"
on: February 05, 2020, 08:49:18 PM
Hi all

Replaced the R&G tidy that was on the bike (previous owner) with an Evotech one.  Right away the quality is much better however I have an issue with a missing part.

The instructions say to make use of an "OEM Part" as shown;

However this seems to have been discarded likely as part of the R&G install.  Ive had a look at an exploded diagram https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/5596315/street-triple-r-from-vin-560477/number-plate-holder-kit but cant see what it could be.

I spoke to Evotech and they said I dont need it. 

Everything is fitted but I cant help feel there are a few edges around the tail tidy insert that are exposed that this OEM part is designed to act as barrier to the frame.

Any ideas?

Rob

Offline shaun

• Street Triple God
Re: Evotech Tail Tidy "OEM Part"
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 09:14:25 PM
It should be easy to make one out of some rubber sheet or an old inner tube if you canít find the original one.

Offline Grizzlystriple

• Bike: 2016 ST675R
  • City / Town: Sheffield
Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 12:29:20 PM
Hi,

Mine was the same, I replaced the previous owners tail tidy with an Evo-Tech one and the Triumph part was missing.
The Evo-Tech bolts wouldn't tighten up properly because of the missing part.

For some reason it's not shown on the Fowlers exploded diagram, see part no.20 from World of Triumph (Chesterfield) on the following link

https://www.worldoftriumph.com/partscatalog/catalog/listing/catalog/triumphmc/modelid/610202/block/100061224-3-2/

It's a small piece of triangular rubber (about the size of a beer mat) that acts as a cushion I assume to absorb vibration & provide a watertight seal.  I bought one from local Triumph dealers as it was only about £8.

Cheers.

Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 12:38:04 PM by Grizzlystriple

Offline bert682

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 06:43:27 PM
*Originally Posted by Grizzlystriple [+]
Hi,

Mine was the same, I replaced the previous owners tail tidy with an Evo-Tech one and the Triumph part was missing.
The Evo-Tech bolts wouldn't tighten up properly because of the missing part.

For some reason it's not shown on the Fowlers exploded diagram, see part no.20 from World of Triumph (Chesterfield) on the following link

https://www.worldoftriumph.com/partscatalog/catalog/listing/catalog/triumphmc/modelid/610202/block/100061224-3-2/

It's a small piece of triangular rubber (about the size of a beer mat) that acts as a cushion I assume to absorb vibration & provide a watertight seal.  I bought one from local Triumph dealers as it was only about £8.

Cheers.

Amazing!

Thanks, will get this ordered and fitted.

Rob

Offline bert682

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 10:17:10 AM
Got the part and installed, fairly sure its installed correctly as only fits one way round!

However still have a gap that between the sub-frame and the tidy.

It doesnt look bad, just wonder if this is how its supposed to line?