Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: SC Project CR-T Re-packing  (Read 362 times)

Offline Bexupnorth

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2009 Street Triple
  • City / Town: Northallerton
SC Project CR-T Re-packing
« on: February 17, 2020, 10:01:18 AM »
Hi All,

I know this exhaust is on the far side of fruity, I love the look but do need to quiet it down a bit. This weekend I drilled out the rivets and attempted to pull it apart so I could repack the wadding as it's non-existent - No chance. I tried sliding a length of pipe up the inside, catching the lip at the end of the baffle and using it like a slide hammer to pop the end cap off. Nothing doing that way either.

Does anyone know if the end caps are glued in before I do something stupid and damage it?

Thanks in advance,

Ade.

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street R 2009
Re: SC Project CR-T Re-packing
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 03:45:11 PM »
On my Arrow lowboy the outer and inner caps were sealed with black silicone so I had to use a thin knife and work my way around the whole lip before being able to get them off.

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 03:52:49 PM »
Just had a thought. I have SC Project GP Evo underseat exhausts. I found them too loud when I got them so the manufacturer sent me an extra baffle to go in each one. I'm guessing you could get something similar for yours even though I have a different style can. Hope the photo makes sense. They're orientated in the way in which they fit in each silencer.

Offline Bexupnorth

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 03:56:30 PM »
Thank you,

I found something on Revzilla that said similar. I'll book some time in A&E before I start, I'm not good with sharp things... :005:

Ade.

Offline Bexupnorth

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 04:01:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
Just had a thought. I have SC Project GP Evo underseat exhausts. I found them too loud when I got them so the manufacturer sent me an extra baffle to go in each one. I'm guessing you could get something similar for yours even though I have a different style can. Hope the photo makes sense. They're orientated in the way in which they fit in each silencer.

Thanks man - I've scoured their web site, but can't see a db-killer for the CR-T. I was planning to make something similar to the existing baffle if (OK, when) the re-pack didn't do what was necessary. But this gives me some other options.

Cheers,

Ade

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 04:02:01 PM »
I have an interesting photo of part of my finger after it was re-attached by a surgeon a few years ago. I won't post it, but suffice to say I'm sometimes pretty useless, even with blunt twisty things  :038: And as someone I knew in Norfolk many years ago used to say, "don't talk it up boy" (dunno how to type a Norfolk accent).

SC Project actually sent mine for free but I'd only just bought them.

There are similar things available on eBay, but the ones I looked at had a smaller diameter than I needed. No idea if yours uses the same baffles. It looks like it has a larger bore.

EDIT: this wasn't on their website. This was an email along the lines of "you said your product was street legal, there's no way this is. I'd like a refund please" and then I was offered these.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 04:03:38 PM by OuzoStreet »

Offline Bexupnorth

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 04:27:45 PM »
Oh dear - As I often say "it's not DIY, it's self harming..."

Obviously I didn't purchase direct from SC-project so I'm limited in my options. It is a beautifully made bit of kit, but defo not street legal. Our lass reckons she could here me fire it up to come home from 50 miles away  :187:

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 04:52:58 PM »
Ouch, that's loud. Probably not good for public relations....or tinnitus!

You could still email them via their contact page and ask if they make one for that system.

Failing that there are several types on eBay. I've bought three to try with my Arrow lowboy but I haven't got around to it yet. Maybe one of the cylindrical honeycomb types would fit? The Arrow has large diameter pipes unfortunately so none of the ones I bought are a straight fit. Anyway, the better listings in eBay give full dimensions in the photos. I had to look through loads before I found a seller that bothered to do that.

Does your ECU have a map to suit that system? Or perhaps a fuel booster or a Dynojet style piggyback ECU?

Offline F5 Dave

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR 11
  • City / Town: Wellington
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 07:02:06 PM »
Funnily enough website contents are just what they think of to add at the time.

My local manufacturer who made my pipe made a WOF (MOT) baffle.  I actually run it all the time these days.  Costs me 1.2HP but only in peak over about 1000 rpm range.  Like you're there for very little time. 

Offline gvy

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2011 street triple
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 01:21:03 AM »
I have a pair of SC project GP-TECH mufflers ( underseat). They are loud, so I drilled the rivets of one to open it , only to find out that the padding was still in perfect condition. Closed it up , new rivets and learned to live with it. They sound nice, but are just loud.

Recent Posts/Topics