Author Topic: Good Afternoon from Coventry UK  (Read 597 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sneaky Deeky

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 5
  • Bike: 2010 675 Street
  • Country: gb
Good Afternoon from Coventry UK
on: April 04, 2020, 03:50:03 PM
Hey guys,

New to the forum but have owned my 2010 675 since August 2018.

I got my bike straight after passing my test so went from a little Grom to a Triple. I love the bike but would be interested in trying a 765 RS at some point.

I've got some bits I want to do to the bike so you'll probably see me around the forum.

Quarantine is a bit pants at the minute but I hope you guys are all safe and sound.

I'll stick a picture of my bike below.


Offline Tomspurs

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Posts: 9364
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
  • Country: england
Re: Good Afternoon from Coventry UK
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 06:25:55 PM
Welcome to the Forum...thats looks like a very nice bike in good condition...I especially like those chrome lights.... :007:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline OuzoStreet

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1455
  • Bike: Street R 2009
  • Country: gb
Re: Good Afternoon from Coventry UK
Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 04:18:52 AM
Hey Sneaky, glad you like it. What a brilliant first big bike to own :002:

The RS I tested was lovely. It handles great and the brakes are flipping awesome. The early models are still an awful lot of fun though. I decided to keep mine for now. The new 2020 version is very tempting though.

Offline adiepage

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1170
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
  • Country: england
Re: Good Afternoon from Coventry UK
Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 10:04:04 AM
Hey Sneaky Deeky!  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!   It's taken  you a couple of years to find us but, well, now that you're here - kick back and relax!

Coventry, eh?  SO close to the centre of the known universe (Meriden, of course!!  :038:) and close enough to the (now, ever-shrinking) operation at Hinckley to make it a regular visiting habit, one hopes!

You're right - quarantine; lockdown and social distancing (et al) are a right, royal PITA but, when you start to hear about teenagers WITHOUT underlying health problems dying from COVID-19 it's a salutary reminder that we're ALL in this together and it's going to be a marathon, not a sprint!   Anyway, just think of all the deep cleaning, maintenance and modding that you can do to that ST while the sun is shining and you've got bugger all else to do ..... assuming you don't have a SWMBO calling ALL the shots on the household chores and fixing duties .................

Welcome aboard.  Stay well and keep safe!

Regards,

Adie

Offline Sneaky Deeky

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 5
  • Bike: 2010 675 Street
  • Country: gb
Re: Good Afternoon from Coventry UK
Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 09:15:50 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. Sorry for the delay in replying, I didn't mean to ignore anyone.

*Originally Posted by OuzoStreet [+]
Hey Sneaky, glad you like it. What a brilliant first big bike to own :002:

The RS I tested was lovely. It handles great and the brakes are flipping awesome. The early models are still an awful lot of fun though. I decided to keep mine for now. The new 2020 version is very tempting though.


Hey Ouzo,

Feels like I made the right choice as a first "big" bike. I love it and it ticks all boxes plus with the Leo Vince slip-on it sounds amazing! That noise is a bit of a bad influence  :008:

I did sit on the new R model at the bike show last year but I wouldn't want to trade or sell mine. It's a bit rough around the edges but I like that.

*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
Hey Sneaky Deeky!  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!   It's taken  you a couple of years to find us but, well, now that you're here - kick back and relax!

Coventry, eh?  SO close to the centre of the known universe (Meriden, of course!!  :038:) and close enough to the (now, ever-shrinking) operation at Hinckley to make it a regular visiting habit, one hopes!

You're right - quarantine; lockdown and social distancing (et al) are a right, royal PITA but, when you start to hear about teenagers WITHOUT underlying health problems dying from COVID-19 it's a salutary reminder that we're ALL in this together and it's going to be a marathon, not a sprint!   Anyway, just think of all the deep cleaning, maintenance and modding that you can do to that ST while the sun is shining and you've got bugger all else to do ..... assuming you don't have a SWMBO calling ALL the shots on the household chores and fixing duties .................

Welcome aboard.  Stay well and keep safe!

Regards,

Adie

Cheers Adie! 

I haven't been to the Triumph Factory but it's on the list. I've blasted past it a few times on mine so it's only right to take it there at some point.

I currently work in haulage so it's been really busy since the lockdown kicked in. The whole situation surrounding Covid-19 is worrying. Hopefully it does subside and we can all start living normally again.

*Originally Posted by Tomspurs [+]
Welcome to the Forum...thats looks like a very nice bike in good condition...I especially like those chrome lights.... :007:


Thanks Tom, I thought so too when I got it. The headlights are really nice. I toyed with the idea of black wrapping them but the chrome is just a classic touch in my opinion.

See you guys around the forum  :763:

Offline RedBikeAgain3

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 452
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
  • Country: gb
Re: Good Afternoon from Coventry UK
Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 12:20:19 PM
 :401: :401: :401:
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline Sneaky Deeky

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 5
  • Bike: 2010 675 Street
  • Country: gb
Re: Good Afternoon from Coventry UK
Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 11:12:53 AM
*Originally Posted by RedBikeAgain3 [+]
:401: :401: :401:

 :763:

Offline Fr3tless

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple
  • City / Town: Rugby
  • Country: england
Re: Good Afternoon from Coventry UK
Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 12:11:14 PM
I'm new to the forum too, just down the road in rugby! Might see you about at some point 😁

Offline JamesDeath

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Posts: 53
  • Bike: Street R 2009
  • Country: gb
Re: Good Afternoon from Coventry UK
Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 10:40:05 PM
Stunner she is... :028:
Welcome... :821:
Was that pic fresh out the back of the van... :008:

 


scandal-fat