Author Topic: 2014 black street triple with OEM mods.  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Crossgolf

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2014 street triple
Re: 2014 black street triple with OEM mods.
Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 06:20:23 PM
@BazooK

the bigger diameter will give the cables a longer way to move at the same amount of hand movement. So from 0 throttle to 100% throttle the movement your hand has to make is smaller. No gripping around to get full open throttle. It feels more responsive too. Kind of like a gas pedal tuning box for cars.

Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 06:22:08 PM by Crossgolf
Crossgolf - contact me if you want to ride in the black forest - Germany.

Offline BazooK

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple 675R
  • City / Town: Bordeaux
Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 06:22:53 PM
Got it! This is what I imagined.

Nice mod indeed but be careful on wet and icy roads 😉

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #12 on: May 25, 2020, 09:30:05 AM
*Originally Posted by Crossgolf [+]
Thanks alot!

I think the overall look of the bike is ageing really well. Many of the parts still almost look the same on the newer models. But the headlights with the H4 lights just looked old as soon as the first bikes with LED headlights came on the marked. But I didn't like the newer Triumph LED headlights enough to upgrade to one of them. Taking a step back and going with the "old" design of two round headlights felt best because there are hundreds of LED units available and the look really fits the bike (if done right). it is just THE classic look for these bikes and many recent models go back to round headlight designs too. The key was to get the proportions just right and that only worked with OEM parts. Aftermarked lights just will not sit right on the bike.

The chrome is growing on me so it will stay for now.

As a matter of interest, which make/model lamp units did you fit; do they have the 'halo' led rings; were they an easy swap and did you have any wiring harness mods to make?

Cheers.

Offline Crossgolf

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #13 on: May 30, 2020, 10:39:35 AM
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
As a matter of interest, which make/model lamp units did you fit; do they have the 'halo' led rings; were they an easy swap and did you have any wiring harness mods to make?

Cheers.

I replaced the original H4 plug with a white 4 pin male plug that attaches to the OEM counterpart inside the headlamp housing. If I get everything worked out with the company I will be the reseller for these in Europe. Until then I cannot tell you more about the make. They can be had with or without Halo.

*Originally Posted by BazooK [+]
Got it! This is what I imagined.

Nice mod indeed but be careful on wet and icy roads
It is not as quick as you expect. Real sport bikes use an even bigger diameter on the throttle tube. There are also adjustable sets available. Plus the bike stays in the garage in winter.

Offline tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
  • City / Town: Gloucester
Reply #14 on: May 31, 2020, 12:30:30 PM
*Originally Posted by Crossgolf [+]
It is not as quick as you expect. Real sport bikes use an even bigger diameter on the throttle tube. There are also adjustable sets available. Plus the bike stays in the garage in winter.

Size of the throttle tube is irrelevant, it's how many degrees twist from closed to wide open, but yeah it's quite manageable - I don't even notice it tbh until I ride something else.

Offline Crossgolf

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #15 on: June 12, 2020, 09:03:00 AM
the bigger diameter makes exactly that. the stock cable will make more movement with the same amount of twist as before. so it is less degrees from 0 to WOT

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Reply #16 on: June 27, 2020, 09:50:19 PM
 :490:
 Crossgolf, inspired by your original numberplate mod Iíve done similar. Nice little cheap mod. Iíll look for a little reflector to stick on the bottom too

Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline Crossgolf

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #17 on: June 29, 2020, 07:16:11 AM
Looks good. Thanks for sharing the picture. In my opinion the German license plates have a weird form. With a real tail tidy it looks totally stupid from the side so I decided to make the best out of the stock stuff. And it looks much better like this.

Whatus the size of your license plate?