Author Topic: New face - Tuning question  (Read 113 times)

Offline UTTERSILENCE

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
  • City / Town: Manchester
New face - Tuning question
on: May 21, 2020, 08:35:05 PM
Hey peeps, new face to the forum... 🤗

A big hello to all 👊🏻🇬🇧🏍

Goes without saying.. but I am a huge fan of the Street Triple. Iíve ridden a few iterations: 2009 - 2011 - 2014- and owned 2 later models.

First being the 2017RS

And my current is the outgoing model.

I loved the my black 2017RS but I only went as far as a Scorpion RP1 GP Half system, alongside some aesthetic upgrades.

I do want to tune my 2020RS but Iím a bit stuck really.

Iíve put a SC1 project exhaust on her - DB killer in. Lovely deep note in low revs then high and raspy at the top. Some lovely gurgling and light popping sounds...

I didnít like it as much as the scorpion can at first (SC1 is noticeably louder than the Scorpion) but after consideration I love the deeper notes at low revs...

Anyway Iím digressing.... sorry.....

Iím putting a sprint filter in her and new velocity stacks.... but what to do next....?

I realise itís going to want tuning... As far as Iím aware there are no ECU maps available for flash..

So do I go commander 5 and auto tune (couldnít run without auto tune as there is only one map on the dyno map database. That being for standard exhaust and filter.

Or

Can I take it to a Tune shop and Theyíll do it bespoke for the bike and setup?

Whatís the pros and cons?

Is it possible?

Will i need to do any welding To attach a sensor for autotune?

If I get my ECU tuned can it be wiped by accident by my dealership on servicing? or changed afterwards?

Any advice or pointers on the best way to do this would be much appreciated.

Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 08:49:08 PM by UTTERSILENCE