Author Topic: STriple 765RS Starting Issue  (Read 89 times)

Offline AaronL610

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 765RS
  • City / Town: Bristol
STriple 765RS Starting Issue
on: May 22, 2020, 03:32:20 PM
Afternoon all,

I've got a 2017 Street Triple 765 RS with a starting issue that I'm thinking might be alarm related and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas before I arrange the dreaded dealer visit.
The alarm doesn't respond to the buzzer at all, and you can turn the ignition on without it setting the alarm off. But the fuel pumps aren't priming and you can't actually start the bike. All the other electronics seem to work fine. I haven't ran it for about 2 weeks, but it's been on a trickle charger for a day or so on two separate occasions in that time.

I've read on the Datatool site about leaving the ignition on for a period to recharge the internal battery within the alarm so I'm currently trying that, although I don't hold much hope because I'm not actually sure if it needs to prime the fuel pumps for it to acknowledge the ignition is on.

Any Ideas/Suggestions?

Thanks,
Aaron.

Online Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
Re: STriple 765RS Starting Issue
Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 03:43:44 PM
Although I don't have an alarm on mine (hateful useless Pieces of sh*t) I had to replace the battery on my 2017 RS last year. It intermittently wouldn't start, even though used fairly regularly and topped up on an Optimate.
Worth checking as 'the other electrical bit will appear to work OK with a dodgy battery with low voltage.

scandal-fat