Author Topic: Hello  (Read 335 times)

Offline Laren

• Topic Author
Hello
on: May 24, 2020, 10:42:09 PM
Hi there Iím looking into buying a street triple this week as my first over 125 bike. Love the look of the street triple and the riding position Iím a bike mot tester so Iíve tried a few bikes and the street triple is top of the list. Looking at 3 bikes at the minute a standard 2012 model a 2011 r model and a 2013 r model the 2012 has 16k miles the 2011 r has 13k miles and the 2013 r has 16.5k miles.

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Re: Hello
Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 08:57:30 AM
*Originally Posted by Laren [+]
Hi there Iím looking into buying a street triple this week as my first over 125 bike. Love the look of the street triple and the riding position Iím a bike mot tester so Iíve tried a few bikes and the street triple is top of the list. Looking at 3 bikes at the minute a standard 2012 model a 2011 r model and a 2013 r model the 2012 has 16k miles the 2011 r has 13k miles and the 2013 r has 16.5k miles.

Hey Laren.  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!

Clearly you've come across Street Triples in the course of your work so you have some familiarity with the brand and the model.  It would be ridiculous for me to try to suggest what you need to look out for in terms of the condition of the bike if it's something that you're doing on a regular - perhaps daily - basis in your line of work, so much of what will influence your final decision will, I suspect, come down to personal preference and taste.  Nothing wrong with that, indeed, if you plan to live with the bike for a long time it might be a primary choice factor.   

So, the 'standard' advice would suggest that, besides mechanical condition, you look for something with low mileage, a good history and, perhaps, some useful "extras".    The 2011 R, then!  :001:  Yeah, yeah, yeah ..... OK, I'm a "round eyes" fan!

Seriously, whatever or whichever you choose, I'm sure that you're going to enjoy it to the full once lockdown restrictions permit.  Oh, and we'll need to see a picture or two when the deal is done!

Good luck with the purchase, stay safe and keep us updated on what - and why? - you decide.

Regards,

Adie

Offline Laren

• Topic Author
Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 10:38:59 AM
 :001:thanks for the welcome Iíll post pictures when I finally decide which one to buy  :001:

Offline Laren

• Topic Author
Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 10:58:22 PM
I went for the 2013 R model comes with a few extras itís being delivered tomorrow will get some pictures when itís arrived  :001:

Offline OuzoStreet

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street R 2009
Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 05:39:45 PM
He he he, you got shiny bike syndrome and splurged a load of money  :001: I'm sure we've all done that.

Hope you like it (of course you will!). You'd have liked either bike I reckon, but I think the one you've chosen might be the best of the two for a first  big bike after a 125 due to the better handling, lower centre of gravity and taller first gear. Take care though, it'll get to 60mph faster than most cars on the road, and you'll notice the weight when you go barrelling into a corner for the first time, and it wants to go straight on compared to a 125. Just remember, it'll get you round, just look where you want to go, apply pressure to the bars and it'll do it  :002:

I'm very jealous by the way, my first bike was only 50cc, and my first big bike after a 125 was......another 125!! :008:

Offline Laren

• Topic Author
Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 07:09:18 PM
Tried to put pictures up but keep getting an error has occurred even with one picture 😂

Offline Laren

• Topic Author
Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 07:33:23 PM
Thanks for the riding tips Iíll be taking it easy for a while just to get a good feel for the power delivery and the brakes only had 5 minutes on it today and the brakes are awesome 😎

Offline gvy

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2011 street triple
Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 08:16:24 PM
Congrats and have fun with it. A street triple won't disappoint you. Only one problem, This is the first big bike.... You won't find another bike with the same grin factor soon .  :410:

Offline Laren

• Topic Author
Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 01:46:54 AM
Here’s the bike  :001:

Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 01:49:18 AM by Laren