Author Topic: Brembo Recall  (Read 813 times)

Offline CINNABULL

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 765RS
  • City / Town: Warrington
Brembo Recall
on: May 28, 2020, 11:15:14 PM
I'm sure you guys are aware of the recall just issued in UK for Brembo front brake pads.    I called my local dealer, Youles, and my 18 Street RS is one of the ones affected.  They have ordered a set of front pads and will bell me when they arrive to arrange fitting.  I'm not sure what other bikes are affected by this recall but its gotta be worth a call to see if you can get a set of pads fitted FOC.....

Stuart 

Offline CINNABULL

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 765RS
  • City / Town: Warrington
Re: Brembo Recall
Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 01:32:52 PM
Just a quick update on this situation, today I actually received an official recall letter from Triumph UK advising me of the situation and to get my bike booked in.  Obviously I have already started the procedure, but it is comforting to know that they are in fact notifying anyone with potential issues.

Stuart

Online TC

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: STRR
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
Popped into my dealer today about something else, they asked if I could hang around for a little bit and then replaced the brake pads under recall there and then.
Shame I''d only done 75 miles on the RS  :001:
2020 Street Triple RS
2018 Tiger 800 XRt
2020 Street Triple RS

TC Drag Bike

Offline Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 04:41:09 PM
Got my letter today as well  as the bike is due a service fairly soon I'llm see about combing the 2.

Offline Andy TVR

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street 765 RS
  • City / Town: Co Durham
Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 06:42:09 PM
Hi Lads,
i have a 2017 765RS, front pads were changed last July as part on my annual service i have not had a letter as yet, what was / is the problem?
it is due a service soon.

Offline doggy

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 07:36:35 PM
No letter for me and my RS either . Mines coming up for 6k miles but will go to an independant for a service as it's out of warrenty . Will have to book in to a dealer for the recall though .

Offline Andy TVR

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street 765 RS
  • City / Town: Co Durham
Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 07:47:48 PM
Hi Doggy,
mine has done 5800 ind is very poorly at the moment, see my recent post on "terrible Loud ticking from top of engine"!

Offline Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 08:14:32 PM
*Originally Posted by Andy TVR [+]
Hi Lads,
i have a 2017 765RS, front pads were changed last July as part on my annual service i have not had a letter as yet, what was / is the problem?
it is due a service soon.

The problem is in a few cases the friction material can break away from the backing of the pads.

It actually happened on my Sons 18 ST RS, but this is ages ago and picked up on service so he paid for new ones. He's also had the recall notice but he traded the Street for a Moto2 Daytona so not much use to him now LOL.

Offline RikRS

• Bike: Street Trile RS 765
  • City / Town: Cheltenham
Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 09:03:16 PM
Got my letter in the post on Friday - Spoke to dealership who were already on the case as they had my bike in the workshop trying to fix another fault. Seems that the concern is over corroded brakes which cause the braking material to become unattached to the backing plate - gulp !!!  Triumph recall letter listed a number of other bikes affected - derivatives of 1200 Explorer listed as well. Triumph all over it so hopefully everyone will get the recall letter if their bike is affected. Make sure you don't throw the letter away unopened thinking it might be junk mail..........

Offline doggy

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 09:14:40 PM
Not letter for , but just checked my vin , and bike is affected .

scandal-fat