Author Topic: Brembo Recall  (Read 815 times)

Offline Andy TVR

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street 765 RS
  • City / Town: Co Durham
Re: Brembo Recall
Reply #10 on: June 02, 2020, 09:51:07 AM
*Originally Posted by Green_Ninja [+]
The problem is in a few cases the friction material can break away from the backing of the pads.

It actually happened on my Sons 18 ST RS, but this is ages ago and picked up on service so he paid for new ones. He's also had the recall notice but he traded the Street for a Moto2 Daytona so not much use to him now LOL.
[ah , thanks for the explanation, maybe mine was from a batch that was ok hence no letter i.e. a nearly year ago]

Offline Andy TVR

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street 765 RS
  • City / Town: Co Durham
Reply #11 on: June 02, 2020, 09:52:24 AM
ah , thanks for the explanation, maybe mine was from a batch that was ok hence no letter i.e. a nearly year ago]

Offline nippykarl

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: street RS
  • City / Town: Stevenage
Reply #12 on: June 03, 2020, 08:56:29 AM
I found out about this weeks ago from a friend who has a tuono factory brand new 20 plate and his brembo pads had to be replaced for the material problem under warranty, so I replaced mine with ebc pads now I have received the letter from triumph so will get them to fit new brembo pads when they can I can feel no difference between the ebc hh and the old brembo pads. but as it will cost nothing they can fit new pads again for me.

Offline CINNABULL

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 765RS
  • City / Town: Warrington
Reply #13 on: June 04, 2020, 10:19:15 PM
Had the new pads put in today, advised to take it easy for the first fifty miles or so.  Also had the software upgraded so my OEM heated grips now have the  correct 3 heat settings.  I was unaware they should have 3 settings from the get go, mine had 2, but after reading forums I learned a software update will correct this, so asked for this to be done as well.  Nice n toasty now !!

Stuart

Offline doggy

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: 765 RS + Monster796
  • City / Town: Kent
Reply #14 on: June 05, 2020, 06:21:42 PM
Mines booked in for Thursday . Mine also only has two heat settings on the grips?

Offline CINNABULL

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 765RS
  • City / Town: Warrington
Reply #15 on: June 05, 2020, 06:28:28 PM
*Originally Posted by doggy [+]
Mines booked in for Thursday . Mine also only has two heat settings on the grips?

Give your dealer a call and ask can the software be done at the same time. It take around an hour so best to ask in advance I reckon.

Stuart

scandal-fat