Author Topic: Trackdays  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Spanners

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Norwicg
Trackdays
on: January 12, 2008, 04:02:17 AM
I'm interested to hear from anyone doing trackdays on their ST in the coming months.
One is all you need

Offline Jay

• Street Triple Master
  • I used to be indecisive - Now im not so sure
Re: Trackdays
Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 11:46:40 AM
I will be heading to the nurburg once iv had my first service, i went last year in the car, and its worth the trip just for the surrounding roads, they are breathtaking,

Offline gabefzr6

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: '08 Street Triple"G"
  • City / Town: Oregon
Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 01:38:03 AM
On April 1st I will be doing a track school at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows California.  It will be Jason Pridmore's Star School.  This is my favorite track (although I've only ridden 4).  I can't wait to get the Striple on the track.  It should be much nicer than my '03 Speed Triple was for track duty.
2008 White Street Triple 'G'

Offline Spanners

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Norwicg
Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 02:18:33 PM
Let us know how you go.
One is all you need

Offline Blodger

• Street Triple Pro
Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 05:12:03 PM
I'd really love to do a track day on mine, but I'm totally chicken.  Too much money and no insurance...sad old git eh?

I wonder how many others are like me...if it wasn't my pride and joy maybe I'd have the guts..

Any words of wisdom? :465:

Offline Jay

• Street Triple Master
  • I used to be indecisive - Now im not so sure
Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 07:36:05 PM
/\/\ I'd recommend it dude, i agree it is a very frightening prospect putting your pride and joy out there in the fireing line, i've been there, but once your on the track you can tootle at your own pace, and its not long before you realise that its just as safe - if not more so than beeing on the road, due to many factors mainly because race tracks are soo wide, and theres no worry of oncoming traffic.

My only conern is that tyres and brakes can take a hammering.

Offline boothy

• Street Triple Pro
Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 09:07:06 PM
*Originally Posted by Blodger [+]
I'd really love to do a track day on mine, but I'm totally chicken.  Too much money and no insurance...sad old git eh?

I wonder how many others are like me...if it wasn't my pride and joy maybe I'd have the guts..

Any words of wisdom? :465:

thats exactly my view..... I guess i'm chicken also  :002:

I reckon I may have to look for one where you use rented bikes , far too scared that my potential crapness could cause my pride and joy massive damage !

Offline blackstreettriple

• Street Triple God
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 09:45:03 PM
You only need to go as fast as YOU want to so I say, go for it.  Trackdays are much safer than fast road riding.  When was the last time you really thought about the risk of binning your pride and joy on a fantstic day in summer?
I know myself barrelling into turns on dry roads round corners-I'm always glad there are no tractors of broken down cars round the corner!!
There are no such worries on the track.  I have done a couple of trackdays (on my previous bikes) and there are really safe nothing to worry about.  I will probably do one on the ST3 once I get it, nd get it run in.

Offline boothy

• Street Triple Pro
Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 10:22:10 PM
I guess your right there mate, all valid points. 
I figure i've got a picture in my head of people going full on round the track , at race speeds and me pottering along waiting to be hit. 

Once I've got one out of the way all that'll go I reckon !!

scandal-fat