Made my first mod today, a whole one day into ownership.
I saw the R&G kickstand shoes and thought they were a really good idea. Not quite 40 quid good though, so spent half an hour with a jigsaw, router, sander and a piece of 8mm acrylic and have come up with this:
I used double-sided tape to fix it first, but it wasn't really strong enough, so I've now put a dollop of Araldite in the bottom of it.
Originally it had a flat bottom, but that didn't work very well because of the angle of the stand to the floor, so a bit of sanding to create a chamfer on the back edge has it sitting perfectly flat on the floor.
30 mins simple work, £40 saved. Bosh!