Author Topic: First service not at the supplying dealer  (Read 211 times)

Offline chunkeymoneky026

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: St Albans
First service not at the supplying dealer
on: June 28, 2020, 10:24:13 AM
So I have ordered my Street Triple R from Fowler’s however I am based in Hertfordshire. I ordered it from there as they had a cancelled order and were selling the bikes for a great price. I understand that if I take the bike back I will pay a nominal amount for any consumables used At the first service. However I called my local dealer (Lind) who said they would do the same for me but I need to let Fowler’s know I am going there instead of back to them for the service Which I thought was very good. However Fowler’s say if I go to Lind I’ll just pay regular price (which I do t have an issue with). Anyone else heard of this arrangement where you take it to the non supplying dealer and they just pass on the labour cost to the original dealer and the original dealer the claims it back from Triumph? I mean I can go back to Bristol but just depends on timings etc.

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Re: First service not at the supplying dealer
Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 02:20:03 PM
I though that was fairly standard as you bought a "package deal" from your Triumph Dealer.....going elsewhere is not part of the package deal I don't think.....best go back to the original IMO  :028:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline chunkeymoneky026

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: St Albans
Re: First service not at the supplying dealer
Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 04:25:39 PM
Yeah completely understand that. Was just confused by Lind who seemed to imply that as long as I let Fowler’s know it would be fine.

scandal-fat