Author Topic: Front Fork Re-work by MCT Suspension.  (Read 376 times)

Offline ninja365

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple
  • City / Town: Norwich
Front Fork Re-work by MCT Suspension.
on: June 30, 2020, 09:44:57 PM

So after splashing out on an Ohlins rear shock for my 2011 ST, i got around to getting in touch with MCT suspension to talk about what they can do with the standard front forks. Spoke to Darren who has mega helpful and can service the units, add new springs and make some internal changes to improve the oil flow for £270.00 which sounds like a bargain to improve the handling.

If i get the forks dropped in (they are near-ish to me) or sent, they will be turned round in a couple of weeks.

Anyone here already had this done?, what sort of changes did you see??.

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Re: Front Fork Re-work by MCT Suspension.
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 11:23:24 PM
Sounds a good idea. I have my 2009 ST converted by Maxton, felt a whole lot better after it was fitted to my bike (I bought them already converted and still have the original forks, which is a bonus when getting them service, as I can still riode the bike whilst they are away  :007:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline branston

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2014 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Benfleet, Essex
Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 11:16:46 PM
Just about to do the same myself, but to the front and rear because for me personally, my STR is a very, very good handling bike that I think could be absolutely fantastic if the harsh, choppy suspension was improved. Plus in my case, itís also getting on for six years old now

However, youíre probably going to beat me cos Iíve still gotta get them all off, so youíll have to tell us first what the results are like, and Iíll do the same in the future

I also spoke to Darren and heís been real helpful so far, honest and straightforward to deal with, and it goes without saying that heís got a proven record for knowing what heís doing. A drive-in service was a very, very long wait, but getting them couriered in was about a two-week turnaround, so not too bad

With each new bike (S/H) Iíve bought over too many years now,  Iíve promised myself Iíd get a proper suspension set-up over all the other trinkets, but never done it. Until now, well soon anyway . . . . . .

Offline Titter

• Street Triple Pro
  • Titter
  • Bike: 675R & Multi 1200
  • City / Town: Kent
Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 05:15:58 PM
I had a Sprint 1050 ST done by them a few years ago. Serviced the front forks and fitted a Nitron shock. Best money I ever spent on a bike, transformed the way it handled
Over the hill. Loves bikes, music & family. Not necessarily in that order

Offline F5 Dave

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: STR 11
  • City / Town: Wellington
Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 06:46:29 AM
*Originally Posted by branston [+]
Just about to do the same myself, but to the front and rear because for me personally, my STR is a very, very good handling bike that I think could be absolutely fantastic if the harsh, choppy suspension was improved. Plus in my case, itís also getting on for six years old now

However, youíre probably going to beat me cos Iíve still gotta get them all off, so youíll have to tell us first what the results are like, and Iíll do the same in the future

I also spoke to Darren and heís been real helpful so far, honest and straightforward to deal with, and it goes without saying that heís got a proven record for knowing what heís doing. A drive-in service was a very, very long wait, but getting them couriered in was about a two-week turnaround, so not too bad

With each new bike (S/H) Iíve bought over too many years now,  Iíve promised myself Iíd get a proper suspension set-up over all the other trinkets, but never done it. Until now, well soon anyway . . . . . .
My 2011 STR is gen before yours, but supplied with a stupidly heavy rear spring and valving to cope with that spring.  Then by contrast the fork springs were too soft. Go figure.   No more kicks in the arse over bumps.