Author Topic: New Member, Old Stock  (Read 136 times)

Offline SuperDadio

• Topic Author
  • Bike: 2008 Street Triple
  • City / Town: Gloucestershire
New Member, Old Stock
on: July 12, 2020, 12:00:35 AM
Hi, just picked up my 2008 S3 yesterday. Been away from biking for a few years. Back from the wilderness.
From Gloucestershire, England.

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Re: New Member, Old Stock
Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 09:49:52 AM
*Originally Posted by SuperDadio [+]
Hi, just picked up my 2008 S3 yesterday. Been away from biking for a few years. Back from the wilderness.
From Gloucestershire, England.

Hey SuperDadio!  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!   Oh, and an even warmer welcome back to the sunlit uplands of motorcycle Nirvana via a Gen. 1 Street Triple!    :038:

I personally think the Street is close to the ideal machine for an introduction or re-introduction back to motorcycling.  Power, handling, size  and weight are all well matched and, in the modern parlance, make the machine "easily accessible".   It certainly proved to be the ideal machine for my wife when she passed her test and riding her ST before she could was what got me hooked on them.  I'd always been a 'big bike' fan owning a number of T3 900's but, when it comes to wheeling out a bike at short notice and going for a day's ride, it's invariably (usually unconsciously!) the STreet I go for.

So ........ good to have you on board.  Looks like another glorious biking day out there so when you're out and about in the lovely Gloucestershire countryside stop, take in the air, take a few photo's and let's see the new (to you) machine, please.   :038:

Stay safe.

Regards,

Adie