Author Topic: street triple Ace675CR Special  (Read 668 times)

Offline gvy

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2011 street triple
street triple Ace675CR Special
on: July 12, 2020, 04:40:31 PM
For those that like single frontlight conversion and clippons..... OUZOSTREET !!!!
In my surfing sessions on the www , I found this one and to be honnest, I like its paintwork and graffics and the whole conversion:
Beautifull classic cafe racer look

https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/triu/triumph_street_triple_ace_675cr.htm

Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 05:12:39 PM by gvy

Offline tim.8061

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 09
  • City / Town: Gloucester
Re: street triple Ace675CR Special
Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 07:39:05 PM
Ruined by fugly mirrors and exhaust wrap! What were they thinking.

Offline gvy

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 10:22:19 PM
*Originally Posted by tim.8061 [+]
What were they thinking.

Old style cafe racerlook I guess  :027:
Still a bike that stands out of the crowd . I like that

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 07:40:34 AM
There's some REALLY nice detail in that conversion and, overall, the completed 'look' is good ..... I especially LOVE the main body colour and the chequer/pinstripe combo.  Nice.

However, I very definitely agree that the exhaust wrap is low budget looking and very tacky, and whatever were they thinking using the ultramodern,  lowercase and utterly non descript name badges on the tank?  On something that's deliberately framed to represent an earlier time, the first Street Triple 'Triumph' tank logo would have looked SO much more in keeping with the bike and the theme.  IMHO.

A really nice concept let down by a few relatively small details.   That said, it's a shedload better than anything I've ever produced (other than in my head!) so kudos to the creator for that.  (Is that damning with faint praise?   Not meant to be - it should be read as "good, but could have been great!")

Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 07:42:56 AM by adiepage

Online twooo

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2014 675 R
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 07:56:39 AM
I agree about the tank name badge, the 'smiley' Triumph badge would have been more in keeping, but I actually quite like the exhaust wrapping.  I think it looks really good on it.   It's the Rev Counter I hate.  I know it's the same as the early bikes, but it just looks cartoonish and more suited to a Peugeot Speedfight scooter. 
Cheers, 2

Offline gvy

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 09:23:30 AM
On the rev counter I agree to disagree. I think it suits the bike perfectly. It uses the exact same colourscheme in silver black white red as the rest of the bike so it's a match.
And maybe it helps I am used to it because I have the same on my peugeot scooter, errrr 2010 streety  :008:

Offline johnnybbad

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2011 street 675
  • City / Town: flint
Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 09:28:54 PM
Great looking bike, exhaust wrap im not sure of, but has had some time and money put into it

My 11 plate street has the same rev counter and it does look a bit cartoony  :001:

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 09:38:52 PM
*Originally Posted by johnnybbad [+]
My 11 plate street has the same rev counter and it does look a bit cartoony  :001:

....I like it and I  have one too on my 09 Street....Triumph gave me an upgrade from the original "Art Deco" thing on the original model. I recall the hour clock was bigger than the speedo readout  :112: 
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross