Author Topic: New rider from Suffolk  (Read 217 times)

Offline mawwam

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 675R
  • City / Town: Suffolk
New rider from Suffolk
on: July 29, 2020, 09:22:07 AM
Good morning all...
New rider here at 42, I messed around with pit bikes as a teen but never had a road bike,   I have talked myself out of doing my licence for around 10 years now but start of this year decided I was now sensible enough to go for it... unfortunately then lockdown hit so Iíve had my street triple R locked away for a couple of months and used a 125 until I could get my tests!
Anyway passed on Monday and after two rides I am in love 😍

This is me after a visit to the local bike shop to buy some new boots
(hope this works I havenít used a forum in many years!!)

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Re: New rider from Suffolk
Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 10:03:20 AM
*Originally Posted by mawwam [+]
Good morning all...
New rider here at 42, I messed around with pit bikes as a teen but never had a road bike,   I have talked myself out of doing my licence for around 10 years now but start of this year decided I was now sensible enough to go for it... unfortunately then lockdown hit so Iíve had my street triple R locked away for a couple of months and used a 125 until I could get my tests!
Anyway passed on Monday and after two rides I am in love 😍

(hope this works I havenít used a forum in many years!!)

Hey mawwam!  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!!

Perfect introduction with photograph, too!  Well done.   And VERY well done on keeping an STR locked away for a couple of months - that must have been TORTURE!  Oh, and congratulations on getting the full licence.

I bet you a feel a slight tinge of regret that you could have had 26 years more riding under your belt if you hadn't questioned the value of your own quality of sensible!?!   :002:   Ah well, better late  than never and, with luck and a fair wind, I'm sure you'll enjoy many, many great years ahead with the finest that Triumph has to offer!

Stay safe out there!

Regards,

Adie

Offline Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 02:21:46 PM
 :028:

Offline mawwam

• Topic Author
Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 08:05:42 PM
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
Hey mawwam!  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!!

Perfect introduction with photograph, too!  Well done.   And VERY well done on keeping an STR locked away for a couple of months - that must have been TORTURE!  Oh, and congratulations on getting the full licence.

I bet you a feel a slight tinge of regret that you could have had 26 years more riding under your belt if you hadn't questioned the value of your own quality of sensible!?!   :002:   Ah well, better late  than never and, with luck and a fair wind, I'm sure you'll enjoy many, many great years ahead with the finest that Triumph has to offer!

Stay safe out there!

Regards,

Adie

When I say locked away doesnít mean I didnít spend half my life in there cleaning it,  servicing it, moving it around etc etc 😂🙈

Appreciate the kind words...  it does seem ive started with the best all rounder so probably not much in the way of upgrading (that I can see anyway!)     I do like the idea of something more classic style in the future but that will probably end up being in addition...    for now and the foreseeable Iím very happy with what I have 😃

Looking forward to lots of advice on here 👍🏼

Marc

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 09:49:48 PM
*Originally Posted by mawwam [+]

Welcome to the first new member to ride to a bike shop bare footed  :821: 
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline mawwam

• Topic Author
Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 11:01:17 PM
*Originally Posted by Tomspurs [+]
Welcome to the first new member to ride to a bike shop bare footed  :821:

😂😂  haha...   Yes!!

Unfortunately I canít hold on to that status, the photographer (missus and daughter) has the old shoes and other purchases such as locks and cleaning products in the car!

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 06:53:37 PM
Mmmm....As you must be a very safe driver, and your not in French France, so, as you can't be going up the inside of that vehicle. I must conclude then, that you have been overtaken by an old boot or two  :005:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross