Author Topic: New Member Essex (soon to be Durham)  (Read 479 times)

Offline SconeBoy

• Topic Author
  • City / Town: ROMFORD
New Member Essex (soon to be Durham)
on: August 03, 2020, 01:27:14 PM
Hello all,  looking to buy a 2018 RS, currently riding a CB1300S, big fat lump she its so time for something a bit more suitable for real world roads..   Just had an offer accepted on a house near Barnard Castle so doing a "Cummings" and migrating home. Looking forward to picking your collective brains and an having an enjoyable time on my new purchase.  Best wishes.

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Re: New Member Essex (soon to be Durham)
Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 08:45:38 AM
*Originally Posted by SconeBoy [+]
Hello all,  looking to buy a 2018 RS, currently riding a CB1300S, big fat lump she its so time for something a bit more suitable for real world roads..   Just had an offer accepted on a house near Barnard Castle so doing a "Cummings" and migrating home. Looking forward to picking your collective brains and an having an enjoyable time on my new purchase.  Best wishes.

Hey SconeBoy!  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!

Wow - going from a CB1300 to a Street Triple .... of whichever stripe and size .... is going to be a culture shock.  In the nicest possible way, of course!  I hope you've ridden a Street and know what you're letting yourself in for as I've known riders that liked the idea of a light, fast and nimble bike being a really exciting proposition, but found the change to be a step too far.   The Street is, for my money, THE great all rounder, but it has a ...... ermmmm ..... shall we say "frenetic" side to its character make up that big inch motors just don't seem to have.   I can't imagine that you won't like/love the ST - but try before you buy and think carefully about your future usage.

Hope all goes really well with the house move - we'll look forward to seeing some pictures of the new bike in the new garage!!

Stay safe out there and good luck with the hunt for the ST!

Regards,

Adie

Offline SconeBoy

• Topic Author
Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 10:27:22 AM
Thanks Adiepage for the warning, ive ridden a Speed Triple but am looking forward to something a bit lighter, going to test ride one this afternoon so lets wait and see.  I also have a NSR250 in the garage and used to own a SP1 so light flighty mad bikes are in my blood...  Thank you for the warm welcome..

Offline chunkeymoneky026

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: St Albans
Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 07:57:25 PM
 :401:

Offline SconeBoy

• Topic Author
Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 02:50:57 PM
Well I've done it, put down a deposit an a 2018 RS model, pick it up a week Saturday, cant wait!!  What an engine, sounds like a GP racer even on the standard can!!!!!

i shall be picking your collective brains regarding tail tidy's etc.... Keep safe fellow owners,

Offline chunkeymoneky026

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple R
  • City / Town: St Albans
Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 02:56:27 PM
 :410:  :001: Congratulations, now for the longest week of your life!  :-)

Offline SconeBoy

• Topic Author
Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 11:50:02 AM
Ain't that the truth, this is the first bike I've been excited about for some time  :001: :001: :001: :001:

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 05:41:22 PM
Don't know of anyone who though a Street Triple was a step to far......ideal first bike after passing your test...ideal bike to keep forever too  IMO.....It is my first proper road bike and I found it ideal to bimble around town as well as doing a steady pace on faster roads. No mad power bank...all very predictable. I wont be selling mine anytime soon, like quite a few on here....   :028:
Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 05:43:59 PM by Tomspurs
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

scandal-fat