Author Topic: Three Cross Motorcycles, Dorset  (Read 5016 times)

Offline Rich.S.

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '16 Black Rx
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
Three Cross Motorcycles, Dorset
on: August 04, 2020, 11:43:58 AM
Just a quick heads up for any Three Cross customers out there who are not on Triumph's mailing list.

I have just received an official letter from Triumph confirming that Three Cross are no longer representing them and suggesting alternative dealers in Southampton, Swindon and Taunton.

Rich.
Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 12:07:13 PM by Rich.S.
Off on your way, hit the open road, there is magic at your fingers.

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
Re: Three Cross Motorcycles, Dorset
Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 08:33:47 PM
*Originally Posted by Rich.S. [+]
I have just received an official letter from Triumph confirming that Three Cross are no longer representing them and suggesting alternative dealers in Southampton, Swindon and Taunton.

Three alternatives for you all out there.....I bet that makes you all very cross.... :007:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 12:09:59 PM
Just a quick heads up for any Three Cross customers out there who are not on Triumph's mailing list.

Rich.

I was aware - probably from another forum - that 3X were said to be going into administration.  Pity, really as the few dealings I had with them were entirely satisfactory and they always came across as a small, independent, rather 'old school' bike dealership.   There was some suggestion that a shop called "Crescent" nearby might get the franchise but that's clearly not happened.

What I would say is that I wouldn't personally recommend the Taunton dealership but I know there are owners who haven't shared my less than impressive interactions with Total Triumph!

I have to sympathise with owners in the area of Three Cross who will now have to travel a fair distance for their servicing requirements - my journey up to Fowlers in Bristol is bad enough!

Offline Rich.S.

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '16 Black Rx
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
Re: Three Cross Motorcycles, Dorset - December Update
Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 11:02:36 AM
Update to the thread to say that it looks like we'll be getting a replacement dealer for this area soon:

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18973336.christchurch-welcome-destination-dorset-triumph-showroom/

Rich.
Off on your way, hit the open road, there is magic at your fingers.

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
Re: Three Cross Motorcycles, Dorset - December Update
Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 05:58:34 PM
Update to the thread to say that it looks like we'll be getting a replacement dealer for this area soon:

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18973336.christchurch-welcome-destination-dorset-triumph-showroom/

So Destination as expanding....this will be their 5th centre (not 3rd as the report). The Billingshurst (Surrey) will be open sometime, but I expect this will be taking over from Bramley (maybe0 as they are so close.....so back to 4 on their portfolio

Offline morebeanz

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple 765 RS
  • City / Town: Guildford
Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 03:16:04 PM
That's correct, Bramley is gone and replaced by the Billingshurst centre in a re-shuffle that has equally seen Lind at Ashford (ex Jack Lilley) also move further south...
I don't just count beans, I also understand the commercial significance of beans!

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 10:05:58 PM
*Originally Posted by morebeanz [+]
That's correct, Bramley is gone and replaced by the Billingshurst centre in a re-shuffle that has equally seen Lind at Ashford (ex Jack Lilley) also move further south...

Bramley is still open as I had to phone them today. They are only selling the stock they have and not ordering anything in. Billingshurst is not ready yet, and may be 2022 before it opens.

Offline doely

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: '10 STR '82 GPz
Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 07:27:18 PM
This is the first I have heard of this. Three Cross sold me my first Street Triple, my first new bike for over thirty years, in September 2012. All done over the phone but they were superb. I couldn't speak highly enough of their John Boyle who took care of me.
Very sad.

scandal-fat