Author Topic: Wiring in a rear brake pressure switch  (Read 449 times)

Offline deanspoors

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 765RS
  • City / Town: County Durham
Wiring in a rear brake pressure switch
on: September 01, 2020, 01:12:57 PM
So I have purchased a set of Bonamici rearsets which will require replacing the 4 wire brake switch (one N/C contact) and (one N/O contact) for a 2 wire banjo pressure switch. So the original N/O contacts will be like for like, but because the N/C contact is no longer available I will have to link this out, but what is this actually used for? The black wire comes from the ECU (pin A06), will it bring up a brake switch fault if it doesn't see it operated? or will it affect the ABS? Any ideas?

Offline Ron1000

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: New street 2021
  • City / Town: Livingston
Re: Wiring in a rear brake pressure switch
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 02:38:28 PM
Try linking it in a non-permanent fashion. Give it a shakedown test and see whatís what. If it flags up an error then back
To the drawing board
Just Because your breathing Doesn't Mean Your Alive

Offline James13

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 765rs
  • City / Town: Worcester
Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 05:23:45 PM
I believe that pressure switch will not work with those rear sets and I have had those rear sets on an rs ,if you mess up the wiring or donít leave the switch plugged in you will lose a lot of power
Mine fitted fine with the oem brake set up ,or donít bother connecting it to the rearsets just leave it plugged in but you wonít have a brake light working
Mine worked in the furthest back setting on the rearsets and 1 up no problem

Offline lange

• Street Triple Pro
  • Power is nothing without control
  • Bike: -20 Street Triple RS
Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 09:08:20 PM
I've also bought the Bonamici rearsets and still using the OEM rearbrake switch.
The bracket thats holds the brake switch have to be moved from the OEM rearsets to the Bonamici.
On the backside of the Bonamici brake pedal there is little  hole where you can inderst a small bolt to activate the spring of the switch
Power is nothing without control

Offline Scrubber

• Street Triple God
Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 04:11:01 PM
*Originally Posted by James13 [+]
I believe that pressure switch will not work with those rear sets and I have had those rear sets on an rs ,if you mess up the wiring or donít leave the switch plugged in you will lose a lot of power
Mine fitted fine with the oem brake set up ,or donít bother connecting it to the rearsets just leave it plugged in but you wonít have a brake light working
Mine worked in the furthest back setting on the rearsets and 1 up no problem

All very well till you get to MOT time!
Warning. Do not neccesarily take everything I say as serious or the truth.