Author Topic: SC Project conical exhaust for 675  (Read 297 times)

Offline sweettriple

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple R
SC Project conical exhaust for 675
on: September 24, 2020, 02:30:27 PM
Quick question guys,

Bumped into a guy the other day who mentioned he had a mint condition SC Project Exhaust sat around that he's not using. He said he'd sell it to me for £150. If it is in mint condition, is this a good deal?

Cant find any second hand one's kicking about online so wondered what would be the going rate?

Thanks

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Street Triple Master
Re: SC Project conical exhaust for 675
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 02:36:56 PM
Have you checked if it'll fit your model/year ?

Offline sweettriple

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 02:45:15 PM
*Originally Posted by Admin [+]
Have you checked if it'll fit your model/year ?

Yes, he's saying it's the right model for the 13-16 ST, seems knowledgeable about ST's as he's had a few over the years running from the 08 model, 13-16 and now he's bought a 2018, hence the exhaust being surplus to requirement. Haven't seen it yet but assuming it's 'mint condition' as he says, is £150 a good deal, or can they be found cheaper?

Offline Gary-401

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street triple RS 765
  • City / Town: London
Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 03:27:30 PM
Hi is it the conic exhaust? They are loud but £150 is good price. I personally don't like an exhaust to be too loud. I was tempted when one popped up for one of my other bikes but decided against it as loud as F. The Arrow on my RS is perfect. If mint and you did not like it you should be able to sell it for what you paid.
"I'm a summertime boy"

Street Triple 765 RS, Daytona 675 Track Bike, Yamaha Tracer 900.

Offline sweettriple

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 03:45:23 PM
Yes, it's the conical one. Don't know what I think about loud. There's a part of me that likes loud but I imagine on a weekend tour or longer a loud exhaust could be annoying?

The problem is it's so hard to find the arrow exhausts for the 13-16 675's. I'd probably prefer an arrow but they aren't easy to come by, and when they do pop up they're £££££

Offline STR JB

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 675R
  • City / Town: Oxon
Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 10:12:50 PM
I’ve got the SC on my 2015 R, assuming in good condition with the baffle it is a good deal. When I bought mine new it retailed at £340 inc VAT, also try and make sure the bolt, nut and washers/shim for the fitting are with it as it’s a typically “Italian” arrangement ie more of a faff than you’d think and without them it won’t fit. In terms of loud it pops, screams and bangs with the baffle out and still pops with it in but a bit more sensible.

Offline Snips

• Street Triple Master
  • @nigelstreet
  • Bike: Street Triple Rx
  • City / Town: Newmarket
Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 05:58:40 PM
I've had one of these on my 2015 ST3 for 5 years and love it.  I don't find it too loud at all.  I think I paid about £330 for it, but that was just before SC Project started sponsoring HRC in MotoGP, after which their prices went up.
2015 Street Triple Rx.  SC Project Conic 'zorst. 7x5 plate. Supabrake-2.  #HideTheHorn
Triumph: Rear sets, LED indicators, anodised reservoirs, bar end mirrors, short levers.
Evotech: Tail tidy, Shark Fin, Rad Guard. Rear foot peg blanking plates.
MCT tuned suspension. Lithium battery

scandal-fat