Author Topic: New member from Staines (yes the Ali G town !)  (Read 321 times)

Offline craigyp

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 675
  • City / Town: Staines
New member from Staines (yes the Ali G town !)
on: September 28, 2020, 07:11:48 PM
Hi all

Back to biking after 20+ years and loving being back on 2 wheels. A few mates also bought bikes so looking forward to many happy milers.

Mine is a 2010 model - its got a few mods from previous owner but I'll be adding a few of my own.

Looking to get new bar end mirrors and might even get it wrapped to add a splash of colour.

Any peeps living close to me please give me a shout !

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Re: New member from Staines (yes the Ali G town !)
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 10:50:52 AM
*Originally Posted by craigyp [+]
Hi all

Back to biking after 20+ years and loving being back on 2 wheels. A few mates also bought bikes so looking forward to many happy milers.

Mine is a 2010 model - its got a few mods from previous owner but I'll be adding a few of my own.

Looking to get new bar end mirrors and might even get it wrapped to add a splash of colour.

Any peeps living close to me please give me a shout !

Hey CraigieP!  Hello, good morning and a very warm  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!

2010 model, eh?  Starting on a very high note, there, Craigy!   :001:

Wrapping does sound like a great idea to make a dramatic change that doesn't have to be permanent - or (I assume) madly expensive!  I think I might be inclined to go for something utterly outrageous - like an even more lairy version of the Frogsnot Green  that some early Streets came out in, but I assume that you'd be obliged to inform DVLA of the change of colour and I'm not sure I could really be @rsed going into all that!

Anyway, whatever you do, let us know how it turns out and get some pictures up, please!

In the meantime, be safe out there!

Regards,

Adie

Offline craigyp

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple 675
  • City / Town: Staines
Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 11:03:20 AM
Hi Adie

Thanks for welcome and you make a good point about the colour ...maybe I could argue its just a sticker  :007:

I'll post something up once I get some decent piccies. I've attached one from last weekend just leaving for a trip over to the IOW. Four of us in total and we mapped great roads down to Lymington stopping off at the Sammy Miller museum (well worth a visit if you're in the area) rode round the island and stayed over in Shanklin ...Sunday was more miles across the great roads and superb views and then ferry back and more twistys back up to Reading and we all split to go home.

I do visit Devon sometimes so maybe I can give you a shout if I'm planning to come. My sister has a place in Lustleigh and we rent out some small flats in Torquay so I've got some good excuses to visit !

cheers Paul

Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 11:31:25 AM by craigyp

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 11:30:39 AM
*Originally Posted by craigyp [+]
Hi Adie

Thanks for welcome and you make a good point about the colour ...maybe I could argue its just a sticker  :007:

I'll post something up once I get some decent piccies. I've attached one from last weekend just leaving for a trip over to the IOW. Four of us in total and we mapped great roads down to Lymington stopping off at the Sammy Miller museum (well worth a visit if you're in the area) rode round the island and stayed over in Shanklin ...Sunday was more miles across the great roads and superb views and then ferry back and more twistys back up to Reading and we all split to go home.

I do visit Devon sometimes so maybe I can give you a shout if I'm planning to come. My sister has a place in Lustleigh and we rent out some small flats in Torquay so I've got some good excuses to visit !

cheers Paul

Hey Paul.  I didn't mean to rain (or pee) on your parade with the 'wrap' comment but, knowing what DVLA are like, I can quite easily envisage that you might get pulled by the boys in blue for something that maybe warrants some 'words of advice' and their vehicle check makes it look like you've nicked or cloned the bike and you end up coughing for a nice fat bonus to DVLA's burgeoning coffers!   I'm sure you get my drift.   In a sense it pays all of us to keep DVLA informed of stuff like this as, in theory, it should make it harder for the bad boys to clone a stolen or unlawful vehicle.  It's just a PITA that it has to be done, I guess.

Your IoW trip sounds interesting - I was supposed to go there week before last with a mate who has a Dook Street Fighter V4S.   We were going to check out the new TT course but I discovered I had a dental appointment and didn't want to wait another 8 or 9 months to get a new appointment so I dipped out on the trip.  He had a blast!  Bar steward.  If we get a decent spell of weather sometime this month I might just take off and get the ST over there for a couple of days and do the course.  Being a retard means I can pretty much go when the fancy takes me ..... Oh, and IF the wife permits me!!    Normally my bike(s) would be off the road by the end of September but the late start to the year means I have an extra month's 'allowance'!   Chances of a decent mild dry spell aren't great in October but - never say never!  We'll see.

I like the Sammy Miller museum a lot - I've been going there for as long as it's been open, and love it.  He's usually around and is an amazing man.   Last time I was there he was laying bricks for the then new extension!   It was a few years ago but he's in his late '80's now so was probably mid '80's  then!  He's a remarkable man with some remarkable achievements - and he's (usually) quite approachable.  Thoroughly recommend the museum.

You'd be welcome to pop in for a cuppa and chat, kick tyres and all that nonsense.   I'm less than 10 miles off the motorway and near Tivvy, but I warn you, I can bore for Britain when it comes to talking bikes in general and Triumph in particular!!

Be safe.

Regards,

Adie