Author Topic: Belly Pan is back.......  (Read 1006 times)

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Re: Belly Pan is back.......
Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 09:09:52 AM
*Originally Posted by ninja365 [+]
Hi Adie,

The black & white union jack would work very well on your belly pan.........

Interested in your comment about paint not being standard, is this for your wife's bike? Triumph Pearl white is ready available. I have been lucky with the guy who did mine as he does all the paintwork for Lings Triumph here in East Anglia. Have you thought about carbon wrapping the belly pan?, that would look good and nowhere as expensive as a CF one.

Tomspurs has sent me some pics of his bike in various states of red-ness  :008:, red subframe looks good but the matching red rad covers are too much for me and white doesn't appeal so will leave mine black. Painting the mounting bracket for the crash mushroom red would i think do the job but will mock it up using some photo editing software. Seeing as the wallet has been  :192: pretty hard lately, will wait until there are a few more pennies in the pot.

Yep, the wife's bike is the white one.  It was originally Phantom Black and I had a white Tiger 800 at the time we bought it and we both liked the idea of a change.  Going with a 'non standard' white was a deliberate decision at the time - you know what the girls are like when it comes to 'outfits'! 

HER :- "What should I wear to the wedding, hun?"

HIM :- " Wear that blue dress you wore for Jim's party last summer."

HER :- "Oooh, no.  I think Jane's going in blue - it'll have to be something different."

HIM :- "Well, what about that grey two piece?"

HER :- "GREY?  For a WEDDING?  Don't be silly!"

HIM :- "<SIGH> Ok, ok ........ what about that nice, short black number that I REALLY like?  :007:"

HER :- "You are NOT helping ...... it's a wedding, not a funeral - and, anyway, that would be TOO short!"

HIM :- "The large floral print?"

HER :- "Too brash."

HIM :- "The turquoise bolero over the white silk blouse and straight blue skirt?"

HER :- "Needs cleaning"

HIM :- (Exasperation now) "I give in.  Wear whatever is clean and ready."

HER :- "But I don't have any outfits clean and ready!   And if I did, I'd probably  need to go and buy some new shoes to match!"

HIM :- "Good idea, dear - buy a new outfit ..... (quietly muttering to himself as he washes the last of the dishes) .... it means I have all the justification I need to buy that new Triumph leather jacket in the World of Triumph sale ...... :007:"

WHOOPS ... sorry, I digress.  Slightly.  Where were we?  OH, yes.  Colour coding.  The non standard white paintwork on Mrs. P's bike was done by a friend - great painter and did a very good job and fixed a small dent in the tank, too - but we didn't have a belly pan at the time, though he bought enough paint to do it when we eventually got around to buying one.  We've since kind of lost touch a little but I'm hopeful I can get hold of him and get him to finish the job.   Anyway, all that's a very long way around the point - my apologies for the rambling.

Actually, I hadn't thought about wrapping  the belly pan, which is a good idea per se, but .... I doubt that either of us would want just one item of carbon on an otherwise white 'scheme'.   

I guess the nub of the matter, really, is that colour preferences and applications are very personal despite the generic 'associations'.  As long as we're each happy with what we have, then all is good.  Works for me!   :001:

Whatever you do in the long run I'll look forward to seeing the results!

Regards,

Adie

p.s. sincere apologies to any/all of our esteemed female members for any unintended offense caused by my (hopefully humorous) characterisation of the ladies "wardobe dilemma".   :187:

Offline sabre

• Street Triple Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
Reply #11 on: October 06, 2020, 09:55:36 AM
I have the Crispy Designs Union Flag (Red, white, blue version) on my Phantom Black STR. Great quality stickers and makes the bike a bit different from the rest (and I feel promotes the "Britishness" of Triumph).

Steve.
2013 Triumph Street Triple R
1989 Yamaha TDR250
recent departures: 2003 ZRX1200r + 2015 CRF250L :-(

Offline ninja365

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple
  • City / Town: Norwich
Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 08:56:49 PM

HER :- "Oooh, no.  I think Jane's going in blue - it'll have to be something different."

HIM :- "<SIGH> Ok, ok ........ what about that nice, short black number that I REALLY like?  :007:"

HER :- "You are NOT helping ...... it's a wedding, not a funeral - and, anyway, that would be TOO short!"

HIM :- "The turquoise bolero over the white silk blouse and straight blue skirt?"

HER :- "But I don't have any outfits clean and ready!   And if I did, I'd probably  need to go and buy some new shoes to match!"

HIM :- "Good idea, dear - buy a new outfit ..... (quietly muttering to himself as he washes the last of the dishes) .... it means I have all the justification I need to buy that new Triumph leather jacket in the World of Triumph sale ...... :007:"

You missed some out........

Her: Honey do you like this outfit?
Him: If you like it go ahead and buy it
Her: (Tries it on) Do you like it on?
Him: Do you like it on, if you do then get it.
Her: But what do you think?
Him: You look very nice
Her: Your just saying that.....
Him (starting to lose the will to live) No really you look good in it
Her: I'm not sure about it now (takes it off and then starts all over again with something else).

Her: Do you think these trousers make my bum look big
Him: No dear of course not  :007: Its just the right size for being grabbed :001:
Her: You do don't you (throws trousers at me from changing room).

Her: What sort of underwear shall i buy for our weekend away?
Him: 1) Anything with velcro fastenings for ultra quick release
       2) Is there Moto GP/BSB/WBSK on that weekend?

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #13 on: October 07, 2020, 08:48:21 AM
*Originally Posted by ninja365 [+]

You missed some out........

Her: Honey do you like this outfit?
Him: If you like it go ahead and buy it
Her: (Tries it on) Do you like it on?
Him: Do you like it on, if you do then get it.
Her: But what do you think?
Him: You look very nice
Her: Your just saying that.....
Him (starting to lose the will to live) No really you look good in it
Her: I'm not sure about it now (takes it off and then starts all over again with something else).

Her: Do you think these trousers make my bum look big
Him: No dear of course not  :007: Its just the right size for being grabbed :001:
Her: You do don't you (throws trousers at me from changing room).

Her: What sort of underwear shall i buy for our weekend away?
Him: 1) Anything with velcro fastenings for ultra quick release
       2) Is there Moto GP/BSB/WBSK on that weekend?

:008: :008: :008: :028: