Author Topic: Thanks and goodbye !  (Read 441 times)

Offline Alank

• Approved Forum Trader
  • Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Monntek NeverDrop Stands
  • Bike: ST3 RS250 Superduke
  • City / Town: Monmouth
Thanks and goodbye !
on: October 22, 2020, 07:25:21 PM
Hi,

Thanks to all my customers. I've decided to stop making the stands and may drop out from the forum. I have a few left but not got them packaged up etc so drop me a message and I'll let you know current situation. I'll support with spares etc but delivery may take a little longer.

The stand itself is universal and should work on any bike with bobbin holes (preferably 8mm) assuming there's clearance from exhausts etc and in some cases spacers are required.

I've decided to 'retire' from this sort of work to concentrate on riding abroad more ! If anyone is interested in taking over the stand business, message me. Its been fun designing and making the stands and all the good feedback from customers I've had but its time to move on.

Alan, Monntek Stands.
Alan, Monntek

Offline Beelady

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Steet Triple
  • City / Town: New Romney
Re: Thanks and goodbye !
Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 08:14:40 AM
For myself, owning one of your stands has made me able to do so much more for myself, instead of having to call friends for help every time I needed the bike on a stand.

I'm disabled and  the day I first tried the stand by myself was quite a moment. If you've never been in my position you can't possibly understand what an amazing feeling it is, being able to do such a simple thing without help.

Enjoy every moment of your riding. I hope you have years and years of enjoyment doing it.

Thanks, from a very happy customer.

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 10:41:42 AM
*Originally Posted by Alank [+]
Hi,

Thanks to all my customers. I've decided to stop making the stands and may drop out from the forum. I have a few left but not got them packaged up etc so drop me a message and I'll let you know current situation. I'll support with spares etc but delivery may take a little longer.

The stand itself is universal and should work on any bike with bobbin holes (preferably 8mm) assuming there's clearance from exhausts etc and in some cases spacers are required.

I've decided to 'retire' from this sort of work to concentrate on riding abroad more ! If anyone is interested in taking over the stand business, message me. Its been fun designing and making the stands and all the good feedback from customers I've had but its time to move on.

Alan, Monntek Stands.

It's always a bit sad to see a unique enterprise - and product - like this cease but, as you say, it's time for YOUR personal enjoyment of something other than the daily (probably ceaseless) grind of business!  I'm sure everyone will wish you many happy, safe and enjoyable miles - no doubt they will be hard earned - wherever they take you.

I don't have a Monn Tek but have always been impressed by the design and execution.  If you're clearing the last of them out I could very easily be tempted - let me know the cost, please (pm if you like) and I'll check the bank balance.

Good luck, safe riding ..... ENJOY!

Regards,

Adie

Offline povalinho

• Street Triple Member
Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 10:22:56 PM
Hi, some years ago I bought a stand from you for my wife’s 675 Triumph, which she still has. Do you have one for a 2017 Street Triple 765RS that I now ride? Cheers, Chris Povah.