Author Topic: Evening all, New member, rider, owner STR  (Read 526 times)

Offline VdubS89

• Topic Author
  • Bike: Street Triple R 675
  • City / Town: Essex
Evening all, New member, rider, owner STR
on: October 24, 2020, 06:49:16 PM
Hi all,

New member here from Essex area.

Done my theory, CBT, mod1, mod2 all over the past month. Passed my mod 2 Monday and just been out and test rode 2014 STR (Saturday) ,  resulting in deposit being paid today and hopefully collecting bike end of this week- what a bike!

Can't wait to get out there and get some miles under my belt.  Despite having driven for years I'm a new rider so I've got a lot to learn.

Here she is!

Scott
Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 07:05:42 PM by VdubS89

Offline branston

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2014 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Benfleet, Essex
Re: Evening all, New member, rider, owner STR
Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 12:03:04 AM
Good evening,
Welcome to the forum from another Essex resident, you’ll have some fun and find some good advice here
If you could only see my first road bike (Admittedly in the last century now), you’d know what a truly lucky boy you are! What a fantastic start to your riding career
Love every minute of riding, and learn from every minute too, passing your test modules was only the beginning . . . . .
Always aim to get home, and make sure you keep the bike shiny, well the bits that aren’t matt anyway
Good luck

Offline adiepage

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple std.
  • City / Town: Mid Devon
Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 09:45:38 AM
*Originally Posted by VdubS89 [+]
Hi all,

New member here from Essex area.

Done my theory, CBT, mod1, mod2 all over the past month. Passed my mod 2 Monday and just been out and test rode 2014 STR (Saturday) ,  resulting in deposit being paid today and hopefully collecting bike end of this week- what a bike!

Can't wait to get out there and get some miles under my belt.  Despite having driven for years I'm a new rider so I've got a lot to learn.

Here she is!

Scott

Hey Scott.  Hello, good morning and a very warm (and very belated!)  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!!

Hearty congratulations on your fast tracked entry into the wonderful world of motorcycling, though I'm bound to say that you definitely did NOT pick the best time of year!  However, any time on two wheels is a good time - the emphasis here being ON TWO WHEELS.  Keep it rubber side down and look to a long, safe and happy life of riding.  Good grief, I sound like yer Granny!

You've chosen a cracking bike - and a fine example of one, from your picture - with more than enough of everything to keep you safe.  It also has more than enough of everything to put you in great danger  ...  and therein lies the secret - it's all down to YOU.  Shoot - I'm STILL sounding  like yer Granny.  Just take it as read that I like to see new riders start the journey and stay on it for at least as long as I have (54 years, continuous, and counting) preferably without pain or problems! 

I hope you enjoy the bike and the journey with us.

Be safe.

Regards,

Adie

Offline VdubS89

• Topic Author
Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 08:13:54 PM
*Originally Posted by branston [+]
Good evening,
Welcome to the forum from another Essex resident, you’ll have some fun and find some good advice here
If you could only see my first road bike (Admittedly in the last century now), you’d know what a truly lucky boy you are! What a fantastic start to your riding career
Love every minute of riding, and learn from every minute too, passing your test modules was only the beginning . . . . .
Always aim to get home, and make sure you keep the bike shiny, well the bits that aren’t matt anyway
Good luck

Thank you, yes I am lucky.  31 now and I've been wanting a bike since I was 16 life got in the way a bit so it never happened.  I made a point of committing and going for the full license now that I have age on my side and decided to treat myself !

Offline VdubS89

• Topic Author
Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 08:26:22 PM
*Originally Posted by adiepage [+]
Hey Scott.  Hello, good morning and a very warm (and very belated!)  :401: to the net's best for all things Street Triple!!

Hearty congratulations on your fast tracked entry into the wonderful world of motorcycling, though I'm bound to say that you definitely did NOT pick the best time of year!  However, any time on two wheels is a good time - the emphasis here being ON TWO WHEELS.  Keep it rubber side down and look to a long, safe and happy life of riding.  Good grief, I sound like yer Granny!

You've chosen a cracking bike - and a fine example of one, from your picture - with more than enough of everything to keep you safe.  It also has more than enough of everything to put you in great danger  ...  and therein lies the secret - it's all down to YOU.  Shoot - I'm STILL sounding  like yer Granny.  Just take it as read that I like to see new riders start the journey and stay on it for at least as long as I have (54 years, continuous, and counting) preferably without pain or problems! 

I hope you enjoy the bike and the journey with us.

Be safe.

Regards,

Adie

Evening Adie,

Thanks for the welcome,

Certainly the wrong time of year, although I am pleased I did all my training and tests in bad weather, down pours etc as its given me that experience which considering the country we live in I will unexpectedly come across at some point.

I think I got myself a good'un, its pretty standardl looking  so hopefully it hasn't been tinkered with too much and its been looked after by the looks of things, not thrashed about and neglected.  I pick it up Saturday so will be able to give it a better go over in the garage.

I've got a sensible head on my shoulders and definitely intent to stay on 2 wheels despite that lovely addicitive bark the STR gives you I plan on staying on the bike lol

I'm looking forward to learning and contributing to the forums with like minded people

Cheers
Scott

scandal-fat