Author Topic: Arrow vs SC project  (Read 5105 times)

Offline NickOfNorfolk

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Street triple rx
  • City / Town: Norwich
Arrow vs SC project
on: October 28, 2020, 12:49:15 PM
Iíve got the Ďfactoryí arrow silencer on my 2015 str, is there much to be gained by fitting an Sc project exhaust? I see they are fairly popular. How loud are they with a baffle in? I like the tone of my arrow without the baffle.
Do they release much horsepower when dynoíd?
Sorry for all the questions just seeing what people have done and what is favourable 👍

Offline Snips

• Street Triple Master
  • @nigelstreet
  • Bike: Street Triple Rx
  • City / Town: Newmarket
Re: Arrow vs SC project
Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 12:56:58 AM
I am always raving about my SC Project Conic fitted to my 2015 ST3 Rx.  I have limited experience of the Arrow (test rides) but I found it indistinguishable from stock back in early 2016.  The Conic is at the noisy end, but I love it and have ridden getting on for 13K miles with it now (I've never removed the baffles).

They release little, if any, extra BHP, however, they are a half the weight of the stock exhaust, and again the Arrow looks to be more comparable to the stock, so there is definitely a performance improvement over the stock exhaust, and quite possibly the Arrow in terms of weight.

I'm not far from you in Newmarket, if you want to hear it.
Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 12:59:44 AM by Snips
2015 Street Triple Rx.  SC Project Conic 'zorst. 7x5 plate. Supabrake-2.  #HideTheHorn
Triumph: Rear sets, LED indicators, anodised reservoirs, bar end mirrors, short levers.
Evotech: Tail tidy, Shark Fin, Rad Guard. Rear foot peg blanking plates.
MCT tuned suspension. Lithium battery

Offline NickOfNorfolk

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 05:44:23 AM
Snap! I have a an RX too, have you any pictures of it on the bike?
Couldnít find many pictures of one on a RX on the web.
Nope Newmarket isnít far, we should arrange a regional ride out!

Offline Snips

• Street Triple Master
  • @nigelstreet
Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 09:21:43 AM
Here's a recent pic...

A rear quarter view...

And an upclose pic...

Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 09:35:05 AM by Snips
2015 Street Triple Rx.  SC Project Conic 'zorst. 7x5 plate. Supabrake-2.  #HideTheHorn
Triumph: Rear sets, LED indicators, anodised reservoirs, bar end mirrors, short levers.

Offline NickOfNorfolk

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 10:20:40 AM
Very smart, goes quite well and doesnít look too stubby 👍
Have you been over to MCT? I noticed the stickers, thinking about getting my suspension set up for me and how i ride as Iíve only just bought the bike recently.

Offline Snips

• Street Triple Master
  • @nigelstreet
Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 10:30:35 AM
Cheers, I'm very happy with the Conic and the bike - it's a keeper, done tours, several tracks days, it does everything.

Yep, I went over to MCT and had the suspension set up, including the mod to the front forks to make them less stiff (or something).  I'm not a good enough rider to detect much difference and say "wow! the bike is transformed" or anything that bold, but yes, it's been there :038:  Lockdown has also made a mockery of getting it set up for my weight back in 2016 too  :003:

Offline NickOfNorfolk

• Street Triple Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 01:07:16 PM
Why I bought a striple, so it could do everything too 👍
Il have to give them a ring and see when it can be fitted in, the ride seems way to firm for these roads at the minute

Offline Snips

• Street Triple Master
  • @nigelstreet
Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 03:18:39 PM
*Originally Posted by NickOfNorfolk [+]
Il have to give them a ring and see when it can be fitted in, the ride seems way to firm for these roads at the minute

MCT is just one guy, Darren, so he tends to have a long waiting list, but I've only heard good things.

Offline Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 03:20:22 PM
*Originally Posted by NickOfNorfolk [+]

Assuming you have the original owners manual you'll find  a list for suspension settings in it. they are normally set to Road, ad yes they are a bit harsh, I had a 2013 STR. Now I am basing this on my current RS but I think your manual should have Road, track and comfort settings. If so try setting the bike to comfort, I have done this on my RS and it makes quite a difference, still fairly firm bt reduces the harsness. Something you can easily try at home and if ot does work you just put it back as it was.

Offline STR JB

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 675R
  • City / Town: Oxon
Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 07:32:26 PM
Iíve got the same SC on my 2015 R, I had the baffle out for a while, it sounds great and cracks and pops but is very loud with it out, with the baffle in it looks and sounds much much better than the stock exhaust, I got mine from Conquest Racing, great service and sensible $$$